WI, Madison - Volunteer Manager
POSITION: Volunteer Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
STATUS: Full-time, salaried, exempt from overtime
This individual’s key responsibilities involve recruiting and scheduling volunteers to work at various HFH home sites.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Recruit HFH volunteers.
* Schedule all individual and group volunteers into construction site workdays.
* Support, train, equip and coach Home Sponsors and Satellite Builds prior to and during the home building experience.
* Foster positive and productive workdays in conjunction with construction staff, site hosts, lunch providers and volunteer crew leaders.
* Solicit and track feedback from volunteers and make recommendations for needed changes.
* Make individual, non-construction volunteer opportunities available to the public by defining volunteer projects, recruiting people to fill them and delegating them to appropriate staff/committee supervisor.
* Manage volunteer recognition through thank-you letters, award programs and the like.
* Coordinate, schedule and track family sweat equity; provide relevant training to the family as needed.
* Support and guide unique teams of volunteers during cross-functions (e.g., Green Team, Women’s Build) until handed off to other staff for guidance and accountability.
* Coordinate coverage of volunteer fairs and other shows/festivals.
* Visit construction sites and drop-off food when necessary.
* Assure site host and registration function is performed well: take inventory of non-construction items such as toilet paper, plates, coffee, silverware, etc.; prepare coffee; greet lunch provider and help them set-up and take-down; clean-up at end of day.
* Participate with other staff in the managing of events such as kick-offs and house blessings
* Other duties as assigned.
This individual must understand and appreciate the mission of HFH. Above average written and verbal communication skills required; public speaking experience preferred. Qualified candidates should demonstrate excellent organizational skills and possess a strong attention to detail.
Must be able to communicate effectively and deal tactfully with all kinds of individuals, yet remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor. Must possess the ability and patience to teach and work with a large number of unskilled workers. Timeliness, patience and dependability are critical for this position, as well as being a team player and quick-learner.
Required to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis and may occasionally have to lift up to 80 pounds. This position will be working outside year-round and must be adaptable to extreme changes in weather (e.g., heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.).
A minimum of 2 years of experience working with volunteers desired. Must possess basic computer skills in Outlook and MS Office (particularly Word and Excel).
Requires the equivalent of a four-year high school diploma.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Interested applicants please appy at: https://habitatdane.org/Job-Openings
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED.