About National Service/AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps provides an opportunity for individuals to serve full-time with Habitat for Humanity to help meet the housing needs of communities and families throughout the United States.
How does the Habitat for Humanity/AmeriCorps partnership work?
- Habitat for Humanity partners with the Corporation for National and Community Service to place AmeriCorps members at local Habitat for Humanity affiliates and partner organizations.
- AmeriCorps members serve in a variety of roles to help us operate more efficiently and effectively and serve more families.
What types of service opportunities do AmeriCorps members have at their local Habitat for Humanity?
- Community engagement
- Construction crew leadership
- Volunteer leadership
- Resource development
- New program development
What opportunities are available to serve?
- AmeriCorps National
Engage directly with Habitat volunteers, partner families and community members.
- AmeriCorps VISTA
Leverage human, financial and material resources to build long-term solutions to poverty.
Requirements to serve with Habitat
- Be a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- At least 18 or older.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Note: Each site may have specific requirements related to their positions that are noted on the position descriptions.
Where can I get more information?