How corporate partners can help Haiti rebuild
- Building Homes and Hope in Haiti: Two Years into the Recovery
- Habitat’s Education and Advocacy Guide
Includes a historical background, summary of the impact of the earthquake, outline of recovery efforts, review of Habitat’s disaster response and details about Habitat’s advocacy efforts in Haiti
- Organize a brief meeting to show the Habitat Haiti video to raise awareness of Habitat’s work in Haiti
- Email Habitat’s two-year report, Building Homes and Hope in Haiti: Two Years into the Recovery, to your colleagues. You can also share the fact sheets created for the 2012 Carter Work Project volunteers with your colleagues.
- Set your Facebook status to “Supporting Haiti,” and post links to the Habitat Haiti video
- Follow Habitat Haiti on Facebook and Twitter (@habitatinhaiti)
- Update your Twitter feed to “Help Habitat for Humanity help Haiti"
- Insert Habitat banners into your blogs or personal websites
- Send representatives from your staff to Habitat on the Hill, Habitat’s annual legislative conference each February in Washington, D.C. Habitat on the Hill is your chance to gain valuable advocacy knowledge and speak directly your members of the U.S. Congress about your concerns
- Use World Habitat Day, the first Monday every October, as an opportunity to help raise a collective voice in support of adequate shelter worldwide
- Encourage company employees to tell their members of Congress about the need for secure tenure. Set a target number of employees and work towards that goal
- Organize a fundraiser at your place of business
- Make sure Habitat is an option for your workforce giving efforts
Partner with Habitat: