The Global Impact of Tithe
This is what you can do
Habitat for Humanity’s goal is to eliminate poverty housing worldwide. The tithe program was created as a means for affiliates to be active participants in Habitat´s global ministry while also impacting the need in their local communities. Through the Tithe Program, affiliates and Habitat Campus Chapters get the opportunity to (among others);
- Have both a global and a local homebuilding program
- Maintain and grow the Habitat ministry in developing countries
- Learn about housing in the developing world through visits and information sharing etc.
- Make a difference in an area of great need by sharing their resources with developing countries worldwide
- Make it possible to achieve a world where someday, everyone will have a good place to call home
What you can do
- Establish a tithe partnership with a countries in EMEA
- Follow-Your-Tithe; Visit or come build with your tithe partner and experience the diversity of the region and its people. EMEA has a long experience of hosting teams from all over the world and we would love to host your affiliate team! (please check the Global Village section on the web or contact us at email@example.com)
- Host a member from your tithe country.
- Use your tithe as a way to promote the impact your affiliate is having on substandard housing globally (PLEASE count the houses you build internationally and share the numbers in your communications; newsletters, website, Facebook etc)
100% of tithe gifts are sent to the designated country. For many of these countries, raising money locally is very difficult or impossible. Tithe is often the major contributor to overall funds raised for their programs. Your tithe, regardless of the amount, can help us maintain and grow our programs and serve more needy families on a wider scale. In some of these countries the exchange rate is as high as $1 – 3000 or more.
EMEA Tithe Priority Countries: Ethiopia, Lesotho, Malawi, Kenya, Tajikistan, Uganda, Zambia and Macedonia.
EMEA countries also eligible to receive tithe: Armenia, Bulgaria, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Hungary, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Poland, Romania, South Africa and Tanzania.
For more information, please contact:
Ronald Kiconco Ongopa
Donor Relations Manager
Donor Relations Officer
To send your tithe, please mail your checks to;
Habitat for Humanity International
121 Habitat Street
Americus, GA 31709-3498
Do not forget to include “TITHE” and country name in the memo section of the check!
We promise to:
- promptly acknowledge all gifts
- provide you with photos, family stories and any other information that you require
- send quarterly updates
What our partners say