World Habitat Day Prayer/Pledge presentation
Don’t have a local Habitat for Humanity in your area? Organize your own WHD Pledge and Prayer event in your community.
On Oct. 7 at noon, join your voices with Habitat for Humanity supporters all over the world and help raise awareness of the global movement and importance of housing issues. Invite local media to cover the event.
Please try to be consistent with these elements:
- Recitation of the Habitat World Day Pledge, and
- Recitation of the Prayer for Shelter/observation of a moment of silence or other religious observance as is best suited to your area
The event can otherwise be tailored to reflect your local community.
- Explanation of World Habitat Day
- Group recitation of the Prayer for Shelter (or observation of moment of silence, time of reflection or other religious observance)
- Speakers (one to three speakers, three to five minutes each):
- Habitat homeowner
- Habitat volunteer
- Habitat affiliate executive/board member
- Local community official
- Recite the World Habitat Day Pledge
- Social media campaign appeal:
- Ask attendees to change their social media profile images to the World Habitat Day/Habitat for Humanity symbol
- Ask attendees to share the World Habitat Day/Habitat for Humanity symbol with their social network
- Provide common hashtag for use on social media. #WorldHabitatDay
Make sure to submit your event to be listed on Habitat.org.