Veterans Build successes
- Sixty-eight percent of our local affiliates actively engage military/veterans in their programs.
- Of those, 98 percent of military/veterans are volunteers.
- Forty-six percent of affiliates engage military/veterans as partner families.
- In 2011, we completed 314 projects in partnership with veterans as partner families, including new construction, rehabs, renovations and home preservation projects.
- We are currently partnering or reaching out to more than 100 veteran-focused organizations to provide a holistic approach to meeting veterans’ needs.
- We are the first lender in New York state given the opportunity to use HUD-VASH vouchers for homeownership.
“There was a sense of teamwork. That we come from this place that maybe other people aren’t familiar with…We worked on each other’s homes and it was important to do a good job ‘cause we knew that these were going to be our neighbors.” —Diana Eagan, U.S. Army veteran