Panel discussion: Spurring development through microfinance
On November 20, 2013, Habitat for Humanity's Government Relations and Advocacy team partnered with OPIC (the Overseas Private Investment Corporation) for an exciting panel discussion about Habitat’s 2014 Shelter Report.
The report highlights housing microfinance as an effective way to implement incremental housing and meet the urgent housing needs of low-income families across the developing world.
- Introductory remarks:
- Mimi Alemayehou, OPIC, executive vice president
- Mike Carscaddon, Habitat for Humanity International, executive vice president
- Alexia Latortue, department of treasury, deputy assistant secretary of international development and debt policy
- Patrick Kelley, Habitat for Humanity International, senior director of housing finance
- Rick Beckett, global partnerships, president and chief executive officer
- Isabelle Barres, The Smart Campaign, director
- Loren Rodwin, OPIC, managing director of small and medium enterprise financing