What makes a great team leader?
- You are excited about the deeper purpose of Global Village trips: to build, invest in communities and inspire new people to get involved in our work.
- You love telling people about Habitat for Humanity.
- You describe yourself as a “people person.”
- You exude flexibility even when plans change at the last minute or people surprise you.
- You will recruit volunteers as fast as lightning.
- You stay on top of emails and calls.
- You have fun trying new foods, exploring offbeat places and meeting new people.
- You take initiative and know how to find answers.
Global Village teams set out to build housing and improve a community, but often it’s the volunteers who return home changed.
An excellent team leader facilitates every one of these transformational experiences. If you are ready, we will equip you to be our next star leader.
Team leader job description
Recruit a team of volunteers and inspire them to get excited about the trip, fundraise and prepare to travel. During the trip, help volunteers stay safe on the build site and find meaning in the experience. Our staff plans logistics and handles most of the funds so that you can focus on your volunteers.
Team leaders must be age 24 or older. If you can recruit your own team, such as from your school or local Habitat affiliate, then you are ready to apply. If you want to recruit a team using our website (we call these “open teams”), then you must travel with Global Village at least once before applying.
Outside the U.S.? Please email us before applying.
After you apply
Recruiting your own team? We will schedule you for a training session. Recruiting with our website? Our staff will call to talk with you, and we will check in with your former team leader. If you are selected, we will schedule you for training. The training sessions are fun, we promise!