Welcome to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip catalog!
This catalog is intended for trained team leaders ready to begin planning a trip.
Being a Thrivent Builds Worldwide team leader
As a Thrivent Builds Worldwide team leader, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead your team on a trip to another state or country.
- Experience a different culture.
- Learn new skills.
- Develop relationships with homeowners and other volunteers.
- See firsthand the power of your membership in action as you build hope by building homes.
- Be the catalyst to help others experience a life-changing trip!
Global Village partnership
Thrivent Builds Worldwide works in close partnership with the Global Village program. Global Village has been successfully sending volunteer teams around the world for more than 20 years. Our partnership provides the most efficient service for you as you plan your trip.
Much of the information is the same as that given to Global Village team leaders, including the trip calendar and country profile information.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide Destination of Choice trips
- Thrivent Builds Worldwide Destination of Choice trips give you flexibility in choosing a location for your team from a catalog of options.
- Standard budgets, itineraries and price ranges.
- For Thrivent Financial benefit members, the trip cost for a Destination of Choice trip is $300 less for U.S. trips and $500 less for trips outside of the United States—it’s a benefit of membership. Team members should verify eligibility to find out whether they qualify for this benefit of Thrivent Financial membership and work with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff to finalize member and nonmember trip costs.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide Premier Destinations
- Standard trip pricing, itineraries and budgets.
- Destinations include:
- Costa Rica: Reach beyond the beautiful tourist areas to make a lasting impact on a desperate need for housing solutions.
- El Salvador: Approximately a third of the Salvadoran population lives in poverty housing.
- Nicaragua: Basic housing services are severely lacking for the 79 percent of Nicaraguans who live on less than US$2 per day. Help build a home with a family in need!
Please follow the Thrivent Builds Worldwide proposal process. Do not follow the Global Village team proposal process noted at the bottom of each state and country profile page.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff
These dedicated Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff members are at your service to help you plan your trip. Do not contact the Global Village staff listed in the Global Village trip catalog or on the country description pages of this catalog.
Supervisor, volunteer engagement
Phone: 229-410-7695 or 1-800-HABITAT, ext. 7695
I first became involved with Habitat for Humanity in 2007, when I began working as a volunteer in Americus, Georgia, with the RV Care-A-Vanner program. In August of that year, I began a new role, providing general support to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program. Since March 2009, I have been supporting Thrivent Builds Worldwide, sending teams to Latin and Central America. I love being part of a mission that is transforming lives around the world!
Specialist, volunteer engagement
Phone: 229-410-7525 or 1-800-HABITAT, ext. 7525
My involvement with Habitat for Humanity began in 2008, when I attended a Campus Chapter meeting at the college I was attending. Within a year, I was the president of that Campus Chapter and I lead our group on two Collegiate Challenge trips and multiple local builds over the next three years. In March of 2013, I was hired by Habitat for Humanity International to support the volunteer mobilization and innovation department. One year later, I have transitioned to work with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program. I am eager to continue my work in and introduce others to Habitat for Humanity’s mission both domestically and globally.
Gina Wade (general Thrivent Builds Worldwide support)
Coordinator, volunteer engagement
Phone: 299-410-7659 or 1-800-HABITAT, ext. 7659
My first experience with Habitat for Humanity was with the Women Build program in Americus, Georgia. Shortly thereafter, I was hired as the Thrivent Builds Worldwide volunteer engagement coordinator and participated in one of the first Thrivent Builds Worldwide teams assisting with disaster rebuilding work in Joplin, Missouri. God has blessed me in life, so I would like to bless others by giving back.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip resources
In addition to the Global Village Team Leader Resources and Global Village Participant Resources, there are many resources designed specifically to help you recruit team members, raise funds and build awareness for your Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip.
- Use the Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip resources — either Destination of Choice or Premier Destination — with Thrivent Financial members and other volunteers.
- You may also refer to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide FAQs for answers to your Thrivent Builds Worldwide questions.
- Understand the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program.
If you are unfamiliar with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program or are looking just to participate in an existing trip, please visit ThriventBuilds.com.
- Familiarize yourself with changes to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program since your last trip.
Discuss with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide volunteer engagement staff.
- Explore your options!
Check out the catalog overview to get started.
- Return to the site often for updates and additions.
New host programs will be added, and information is also subject to change. Stay up-to-date — sign up for Team Leader Notes e-newsletter by emailing email@example.com.
- Find answers to your questions.
Check the Thrivent Builds Worldwide frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can contact the Thrivent Builds Worldwide coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-422-4828, ext. 7659.