Welcome to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip catalog!
This catalog is intended for trained team leaders ready to begin planning a trip.
Being a Thrivent Builds Worldwide team leader
As a Thrivent Builds Worldwide team leader, you have the opportunity to:
- Lead your team on a trip to another state or country.
- Experience a different culture.
- Learn new skills.
- Develop relationships with homeowners and other volunteers.
- See firsthand the power of your membership in action as you build hope by building homes.
- Be the catalyst to help others experience a life-changing trip!
Global Village partnership
Thrivent Builds Worldwide works in close partnership with the Global Village program. Global Village has been successfully sending volunteer teams around the world for 25 years. Our partnership provides the most efficient service for you as you plan your trip.
Most of the information provided to our team leaders is the same as that given to Global Village team leaders, including the trip calendar and country profile information.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide Premier Destinations
- Standard trip pricing, itineraries and budgets.
- Destinations include:
- El Salvador: Approximately a third of the Salvadoran population lives in poverty housing.
- Nicaragua: Basic housing services are severely lacking for 79 percent of Nicaraguans.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide Destination of Choice trips
- Thrivent Builds Worldwide Destination of Choice trips give you flexibility in choosing a location for your team from a catalog of options.
- Standard budgets, itineraries and price ranges.
- For Thrivent Financial benefit members, the trip cost for a Destination of Choice trip is $300 less for U.S. trips and $500 less for trips outside of the United States—it’s a benefit of membership. Team members should verify eligibility to find out whether they qualify for this benefit of Thrivent Financial membership and work with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff to finalize member and nonmember trip costs.
Please follow the Thrivent Builds Worldwide proposal process. Do not follow the Global Village team proposal process noted at the bottom of each state and country profile page.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff
These dedicated Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff members are at your service to help you plan your trip. Do not contact the Global Village staff listed in the Global Village trip catalog or on the country description pages of this catalog.
Supervisor, volunteer engagement
Phone: 229-410-7695 or 1-800-HABITAT, ext. 7695
I first became involved with Habitat for Humanity in 2007, when I began working as a volunteer in Americus, Georgia, with the RV Care-A-Vanner program. In August of that year, I began a new role, providing general support to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program. Since March 2009, I have been supporting Thrivent Builds Worldwide, sending teams to Latin and Central America. I love being part of a mission that is transforming lives around the world!
Specialist, volunteer engagement
Phone: 229-410-7525 or 1-800-HABITAT, ext. 7525
My involvement with Habitat for Humanity began in 2008, when I attended a Campus Chapter meeting at my college. Within a year, I was the president of that Campus Chapter and I lead two Collegiate Challenge trips and multiple local builds over the next three years. In 2013, I was hired by Habitat for Humanity International to support the volunteer mobilization and innovation department. One year later, I have transitioned to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program. I am eager to continue my work in and introduce others to Habitat for Humanity’s mission.
Specialist, volunteer engagement
Phone: 229-410-7920 or 1-800-HABITAT, ext. 7920
I joined the Thrivent Builds Worldwide team in April 2015. I am eager to join and hopefully lead domestic and international volunteer teams. To date, my most meaningful experience with Habitat was attending the 2015 Global Village Latin America and Caribbean Conference in Costa Rica. I had a wonderful opportunity to connect with Habitat staff from all over Latin America and the Caribbean who work hard to ensure our volunteers have a memorable experience. Witnessing their dedication and passion motivated me to work harder. I feel blessed to help further Thrivent’s and Habitat’s mission.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip resources
In addition to the Global Village Team Leader Resources and Global Village Participant Resources, there are other resources designed specifically to help you recruit team members, raise funds and build awareness for your Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip.
- Use the Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip resources — either Destination of Choice or Premier Destination — with Thrivent Financial members and other volunteers.
- You may also refer to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide FAQs for answers to your Thrivent Builds Worldwide questions.
- Understand the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program.
If you are unfamiliar with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program or are looking just to participate in an existing trip, please visit ThriventBuilds.com.
- Familiarize yourself with changes to the Thrivent Builds Worldwide program since your last trip.
Discuss with the Thrivent Builds Worldwide volunteer engagement staff.
- Explore your options!
Check out the catalog overview to get started.
- Return to the site often for updates and additions.
New host programs will be added, and information is also subject to change.
- Find answers to your questions.
Check the Thrivent Builds Worldwide frequently asked questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-422-4828, ext. 7695.