Learn more and fill out the online Global Village application
Please read the following information before clicking on the application link at the bottom of the page.
The purpose of Global Village trips
The ultimate goal of Global Village trips is to further Habitat for Humanity International’s mission to eliminate poverty housing worldwide. Global Village participants do this by
- Lending a helping hand to those in need of simple, decent shelter.
- Donating valuable funds to Habitat programs around the world.
- Learning about the global need for cross-cultural understanding and simple, decent, affordable housing.
- Learning about new paradigms in the delivery of affordable housing that address the magnitude of the problem and the availability of resources.
- Becoming long-term advocates for affordable housing.
Trip costs and payments
Please review the Global Village program cost before applying for a trip or making a payment.
Any questions you have about how to make payments for a GV trip can be found online in the “Payment Policies and Procedures” info sheet.
Participants under the age of 18
Depending on local laws and program policy, some host programs may not accept minors or may limit the type of work performed by minors.
Please read the Global Village minor policy. The criteria listed in the policy apply to all potential Global Village participants under the age of 18.
These guidelines apply internationally and domestically, unless otherwise specified. Guidelines include considerations for minors, guardians and GV team leaders.
Health and safety
- Work assignments normally involve strenuous physical activity―sometimes at high altitudes. Team members must be in good physical health in order go join a Global Village work team on a trip.
- International travel always contains some degree of danger. All Global Village team members participate at their own risk.
- International trips: You will need a current passport that is valid for six months beyond your travel dates.
- A note about passport processing times: To ensure you receive your passport by the date of your Global Village trip departure, allow approximately 20 weeks for passport applications (both new and renewal). Find more information regarding passport-processing times, visit the U.S. Department of State’s Application Processing Times.
- If you have not applied for a Global Village trip before, or applied more than three years ago: Submit a new application by selecting the blue “Apply Online Now” button below. Your application will be sent to team leaders based on the preferences you provide.
- If you have applied within the past three years: You do not need to reapply. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your contact information has changed. When you see a trip of interest on the Available Global Village Work Trips page, contact the team leader directly.
- If you are interested in a Thrivent Builds Worldwide trip: Please view more information about Thrivent trips (and submit a separate application) on the Thrivent Builds Worldwide site.
Information needed to apply
Your application allows us to share your contact information and areas of interest with leaders, and serves as your waiver and emergency contact information form.
Please have the following information available before applying:
- Passport jurisdiction, number and expiration date. (If you do not currently have a valid passport, please provide this information to your team leader later.)
- Primary doctor contact information.
- Emergency contact information.
- Date of last tetanus shot.
- Insurance information (if covered).
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation letter.
- The team leader will select team members from a pool of interested applicants. Selection is not on a first-come basis.
- Your choice of destination(s) and date(s) will be matched with available trips and you will receive an eight-digit Habitat identification and “match” letter.
I understand the above information and wish to apply!
Apply online now!
Want to apply to be a Global Village team leader?
Read Becoming a Team Leader to learn more about team leader requirements, roles and responsibilities and to apply.