Travel with a volunteer team to Jordan. You’ll serve a family by helping build their house, and you’ll explore Middle Eastern history and culture inside the most stable country in the region.
Habitat Jordan carefully selects a partner family to ensure that this house will be a sustainable solution. You’ll meet the family and see the difference you’re making with your time, sweat and resources.
You’ll also get an insider’s glimpse at how Habitat for Humanity Jordan serves communities through construction and support services. Their goal is to end poverty housing in Jordan.
Join other like-minded volunteers for this unique experience, and come home reinvigorated and reimagined.
- Friday, day 1: Volunteers traveling from North America depart.
- Saturday, day 2: Arrive in Amman. Habitat for Humanity picks you up at the airport, then meet your team for activities at the hotel.
- Sunday, day 3: Travel to the affiliate community, where Habitat staff will share about our work building community impact in Jordan. We will also brief the team on your project.
- Monday-Thursday, days 4-7: Build on the work site, with free time and cultural activities in the evenings.
- Friday, day 8: Build, enjoy a closing ceremony, and travel back to Amman.
- Saturday, day 9: Your journey in the Middle East may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
Meals and accommodations
Tasks on the work site
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. (For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.)
Share your story
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family, and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Share photos and videos, even updates from the field. It’s a great way to raise support for your program cost, and anything extra goes as donations to build Habitat’s impact! Together we can improve shelter conditions and end poverty housing.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join? Jim Douglas will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
What Jim loves about Global Village: “My favorite GV memories are home dedications, particularly the one where a small village in Ghana installed me as a ‘development chief’ (nkosuhene), complete with robe, leather crown and a celebratory dance.”