Global Village Women Build
When you join this team of women building alongside women, you will serve a family, experience camaraderie with the local community,and support women’s concerns in Bolivia.
As always with Global Village, no experience is required—only readiness to get your hands dirty.
Arrive in the village, meet your partner family and use honeycomb bricks to build a simple, decent house. You will visit homes built by previous teams, so you will see how families’ lives are changed by adequate shelter.
Local Bolivian volunteers will join your team on International Women’s Day. Habitat for Humanity believes that there is no greater way to forge community than to serve alongside people.
Plus, enjoy Bolivia like a local. Eat delicious local cuisine, take in a night of dance and visit one of the largest markets in South America. You can pick up anything from fresh vegetables to a traditional Bolivian guitar.
Make a difference in Bolivia, make friends from all over the world and come home energized.
• Global Village Women Build
• Build with your team as well as Bolivian volunteers
• Learn to navigate Cochabamba like a local
- Friday, day 1: Suggested departure for North American volunteers.
- Saturday, day 2: Arrive in Cochabamba, meet up with your team and enjoy a city tour.
- Sunday, day 3: Habitat staff tells about their work in Bolivia, briefs your team on the project and then takes you to visit some Habitat homeowners.
- Monday-Friday, days 4-8: Build each day, with free time and cultural activities in the evenings, including an evening of Bolivian cultural dance and a visit to one of South America’s largest markets.
- Saturday, day 9: Spend International Women’s Day building alongside Bolivian volunteers, followed by a house dedication and farewell dinner.
- Sunday, day 10: Your journey in South America may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story and keep Habitat building
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family and coworkers about your Global Village trip. It’s a great way to raise your program cost, and the additional funds you raise will keep Habitat building.
Accommodations and food
Teams stay in double-occupancy hotel rooms with Internet access available. All meals, snacks and ample water are included. Enjoy traditional Bolivian lunches on the work site, and sample the range of local cuisine at dinner.
Types of work for volunteers
Volunteers will work on new construction under the direction of an expert mason. Habitat staff will supply full safety training and instruction.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Kristen Burgun will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
Kristen says about GV, “My favorite thing is the bonds you form, not only with the team but the host families and the affiliate. GV trips are an adventure and journey full of laughs, love and some concrete dancing!”