There’s no better way to experience Vietnam’s unique culture and traditions than working directly with its people. You will do exactly that on this fun and rewarding volunteer trip to help lift families out of poverty.
When you join this team, you’ll spend your days filling foundations, mixing mortar, laying bricks and cleaning and painting doors and windows. You’ll also meet some amazing, inspiring people and discover what daily life is like in this fascinating country.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the worksite, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the country like an insider, and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
• Enjoy beautiful landscapes and scenery.
• Learn about Habitat’s housing, initiatives in Vietnam.
• Work alongside Habitat homeowners and like-minded individuals.
- Friday: Suggested departure for North American volunteers.
- Saturday: Travel day.
- Sunday: Arrive in Vietnam and meet your team.
- Monday: Travel to the project location and visit with Habitat families. Habitat staff will share about their work in building impact in Vietnam.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build each day, with free time and team activities in the evenings.
- Saturday-Sunday: Free days for cultural activities.
- Monday-Thursday: Build each day.
- Friday: Free day for cultural activities
- Saturday: Your journey in Vietnam may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story and keep Habitat building
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Fundraising your program cost will be easy, and any additional funds you raise will keep Habitat building after your team returns home.
Accommodations and food
Teams stay in modest but comfortable hotels. All meals, snacks and ample water will be provided. Teams can sample the range of local cuisine at dinner.
Types of work for volunteers
Volunteers will work on existing home renovations and complete home construction. We will help transport materials; fill foundation with dirt, stone or sand; mix mortar; lay bricks and clean and paint doors and windows.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Lynda Ziemba will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you. She can be contacted at email@example.com.
Lynda’s favorite GV story: "My favorite GV memories have to be the dedication ceremonies, and the looks of hope and pure joy as family members are presented with keys to their new homes."