Join a team of volunteers for a once-in-a-lifetime experience building homes and hope with Habitat for Humanity Malawi and their Orphans and Vulnerable Children project.
Your team will work with skilled masons to build a safe, decent house up from the foundation. You’ll meet the children and their caretaker whose lives will be changed, and Habitat for Humanity will also provide them with health education, legal assistance and community support. That’s a story you’ll be excited to share.
You will also gain access to authentic Malawi: build alongside the neighbors, experience local culture, and get an insider’s look at how Habitat is transforming communities through housing.
Change a family’s life, enjoy a unique experience, meet like-minded people and come home reinvigorated and reimagined.
- Friday, day 1: Depart from North America.
- Saturday, day 2: Arrive in Lilongwe, Malawi. Habitat for Humanity picks you up at the airport. Meet your team for dinner and activities at the guesthouse.
- Sunday, day 3: Habitat staff shares about our innovative work in Malawi and briefs the team on your project.Travel to the affiliate community for a welcome dinner.
- Monday-Thursday, days 4-7: Build from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., with free time and cultural activities each evening.
- Friday, day 8: Build until lunch, then join the house dedication and farewell ceremony. Return to Lilongwe.
- Saturday, day 9: A day to explore Malawi’s capital city, Lilongwe.
- Sunday, day 10: Your journey in Africa may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
Meals and accommodations
Tasks on the work site
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story, raise support
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Once you join the team, create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family, and coworkers about your Global Village trip. It’s the simplest way to raise support, cover your program cost, and build Habitat’s impact.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Trish and Mike Rodrique will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
From Trish and Mike: We are very excited about the opportunity to build for Habitat’s Orphaned and Vulnerable Children project. It is heart wrenching to know that so many children lose their parents and become homeless and vulnerable. Having built many homes around the world with Habitat, we hold this program to keep siblings together in a safe, decent home close to our hearts and hope that you will join us in this unique opportunity to make a difference.