What could improve your experience of Zambia’s natural wonders? Make your trip count: Join a team of volunteers building with Habitat for Humanity’s Orphans and Vulnerable Children project.
Meet the families who will move into the house when it’s finished. They and their neighbors will provide access to authentic Zambia, where you’ll eat, sleep and live like a local for 12 days. It’s the ultimate immersive experience!
Habitat for Humanity Zambia staff will facilitate your stay. They also provide supply health education, legal assistance and emotional support to the partner families you serve.
You and your team will have plenty of time to explore, take in sights, reflect and enjoy cultural activities.
You’ll bring safety and dignity to these families, but our volunteers tell us all the time that they receive as much as they give. Building with Habitat for Humanity in Zambia could be a trip you never forget.
- Build a house for orphaned children and their caretaker.
- Live like locals by staying and dining with the community.
Tasks on the work site
- Friday, day 1: Depart from North America.
- Saturday, day 2: Arrive in Lusaka, Zambia. Habitat for Humanity picks you up at the airport. Meet your team for dinner and activities at the guesthouse.
- Sunday, day 3: Habitat staff shares about their work in Zambia and briefs the team on your project. Travel to the affiliate community for a welcome dinner.
- Monday-Saturday, days 4-9: Build from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., with free time and activities in the evenings.
- Sunday, day 10: The team will choose cultural activities and delve deeper into the place and its people.
- Monday, day 11: Build, with free time at night.
- Tuesday, day 12: Build in the morning, then enjoy a dedication ceremony and farewell celebration. Travel back to Lusaka and share dinner with Habitat Zambia staff.
- Wednesday, day 13: Your journey in Africa may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story
Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family, and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Share photos and videos, even updates from the field. It’s a great way to raise support for your program cost, and anything extra goes as donations to increase Habitat’s impact. Together, we can improve shelter conditions and end poverty housing.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Jesse Villanueva will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
Jesse’s favorite GV memory: “The house dedication to our families in Al-Taybeh, Jordan. After a lot of hard work, their smiles made it even more special, because those smiles came from their hearts!”