Take a journey with us to a country of majestic beauty and friendly, welcoming people. With the snow-capped Himalayan Mountains serving as our backdrop, we’ll work alongside members of the local community to build homes and hope for families in need.
Our team will spend two weeks mixing mortar and cement, constructing walls with bamboo or concrete blocks, and laying the foundation for a better life for impoverished families.
We’ll also visit intricately decorated Buddhists stupas and Hindu temples, see colorful prayer flags fluttering in the wind, and enjoy authentic Indian and Nepalese food.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the worksite, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
Apply now to join this Global Village team, or email questions to team leader Kelly White at email@example.com.
• Change the life of a family living in substandard conditions
• Learn about Habitat’s housing, water, sanitation and income-generating initiatives in Nepal
• Trek the Himalayan Mountains and visit Buddhist stupas and Hindu temples
• Friday: Suggested departure for North American volunteers.
• Saturday: Travel day.
• Sunday: Arrive in Kathmandu and meet your team. Habitat staff will share about their work in building impact in Nepal.
• Monday: Free day for sightseeing in Kathmandu, then we will fly to Pokhara and meet the local host program staff.
• Tuesday-Friday: Build each day, with free time and team activities in the evenings.
• Saturday-Sunday: Free days for cultural activities and day trips.
• Monday-Thursday: Build each day.
• Friday: Attend the house dedication and farewell lunch, then fly back to Kathmandu for an overnight stay.
• Saturday: Your journey in Nepal may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story and keep Habitat building
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family, and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Fundraising your program cost will be easy, and any additional funds you raise will keep Habitat building after your team returns home.
Accommodations and food
Teams stay in modest but comfortable hotels. All meals, snacks and ample water will be provided. Teams can sample the range of local cuisine at dinner.
Types of work for volunteers
Volunteers work side-by-side with Habitat partner families under the direction of an expert mason. Teams will work on new construction or renovation of homes. Depending on availability, materials may include: bamboo, brick, stone, cement blocks or brick. The construction tasks will vary depending on the stage of construction.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Kelly White (firstname.lastname@example.org) will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
Kelly White lives near Seattle with her husband and three boys. Driven by a passion for helping others and international travel, she looks forward to making a difference in the lives of deserving Nepalese families with a great team of adventurers. Kelly has worked with HFHI in Guatemala, Tajikistan, Jordan, Bali, Vietnam and Cambodia. Nepal will be her eighth Global Village trip. She promises big laughs, great food and two weeks you will never forget.