This is your chance to volunteer in one of the most beautiful destinations in the United States. When you join this service trip to Maui, Hawaii, you’ll help a family obtain a safe, decent and affordable home. You’ll also experience Hawaii’s gorgeous landscape and rich culture.
Maui uses a unique “steel” construction process and building will be in its final stages. You and your fellow volunteers will help complete punch list items, painting and finish work such as cabinets and flooring.
Plus, there’s an abundance of fun activities to enjoy during your trip. You can take a lesson on traditional canoe paddling, dine on Hawaiian food at a luau or enjoy a sunset whale-watching cruise.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the worksite, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the island like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
• Learn new skills on a Habitat build site.
• Create new friendships with your teammates and the Habitat homeowners.
• Enjoy a traditional luau and take traditional canoe paddling lessons.
- Sunday: Arrive in Hawaii and meet your team.
- Monday: Habitat staff will explain about their work in Hawaii. We’ll also have time in the evening for cultural activities.
- Tuesday: Work on the build site all day. This is also Veterans Day and we intend to organize a special tribute to veterans.
- Wednesday-Thursday: Work on the build site all day, followed by dinner and some down time in the evenings.
- Friday: A shortened build day with a farewell dinner hosted by Habitat Maui staff and community members on the beach
- Saturday: Your trip to Hawaii may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story and keep Habitat building
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Fundraising your program cost will be easy, and any additional funds you raise will keep Habitat building after your team returns home.
Accommodations and food
Volunteers will stay at a local church and have breakfast there each morning before heading to the worksite. The church has showers and bathrooms for the volunteers to use. We’ll visit local restaurants for dinner and lunches will be provided at the build site.
Types of work for volunteers
A variety of tasks await volunteers, including painting and finish work. All work will be done under the direction of a construction supervisor. Tools and safety equipment will be provided by the affiliate.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Pat Decker will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pat’s favorite GV story: “In just a week, dedicated volunteers evolved from individual strangers into a harmonious unit transforming the living conditions of a deserving partner family. In celebration, another established Habitat family proudly hosted the Global Village volunteers for an al fresco dinner in their yard. The meal featured homemade Romanian cuisine and items harvested from the family’s backyard garden.”