Join us for a volunteer trip to one of the most beautiful destinations in America. On this Global Village trip, you’ll help a family obtain a safe, decent and affordable home and experience Hawaii’s gorgeous landscape and rich culture.
Our team will help in most stages of home construction, from clearing buildable land of invasive cane grass, digging footings, raising walls, roofing, to finishing interiors with flooring or cabinetry.
During your time off, you can experience traditional Hawaiian culture through luau, touring historic Hanapepe Town during Friday night Art Walk, visiting the Kauai Coffee Visitors center, relaxing at a beautiful beach, hiking along the Maha‘ulepu trail, biking the Ke Ala Hele Makalae coastal bike path and much more.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the worksite, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
• Learn new skills on a Habitat build site.
• Work alongside our Habitat homeowners and meet volunteers from across the United States
• Enjoy a traditional Hawaiian luau or enjoy the waves at the beach.
- Monday: Arrive in Hawaii and meet your team.
- Tuesday: Habitat staff will explain about their work in Hawaii. We’ll also have time for team activities.
- Wednesday-Saturday: Work on the build site all day, followed by dinner and team time in the evenings.
- Sunday and Monday: time off for cultural activities.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Build days with Mahalo celebration Wednesday evening.
- Thursday: Your trip to Hawaii may continue independently, or your may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story and keep Habitat building
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Fundraising your program cost will be easy, and any additional funds you raise will keep Habitat building after your team returns home.
Accommodations and food
Kaua’i Habitat for Humanity owns a five-bedroom, three-bath home to host volunteer crews. The volunteer house has a full kitchen, with laundry facilities, WiFi Internet and a distant view of the ocean. Volunteers will prepare some meals at the home and visit local restaurants.
Types of work for volunteers
Teams help in most stages of home construction, from clearing buildable land to finishing interiors with flooring or cabinetry. All tools and construction site materials will be provided by the affiliate.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Jean Currie will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
Jean says, “My favorite thing about leading a global village team is taking 10 strangers and making a family/friends unit in ten days by working and living together so that we can help families have a home of their own. I feel that when we are done we have made some friends for life.”