Join this volunteer team to Jordan and give a family a hand up to the stability and opportunity that you experience. You’ll also experience beautiful, historical Middle Eastern culture inside a peaceful nation.
Meet the neighbors and see the difference you’re making with your time, sweat and resources. Habitat Jordan carefully selects a partner family to ensure that this house will be a sustainable solution as they break the poverty cycle. Off the worksite, some teams pluck olives on a farm or visit a textile shop to see how communities sustain themselves.
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the worksite, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
• Experience Middle Eastern culture inside a peaceful nation.
• Immerse in a community and live like a local.
This cost includes a significant donation to Habitat for Humanity, and it covers the volunteer’s accommodations, meals, in-country transportation and travel medical insurance. Read details.
You may fundraise the program cost, pay it all or pay some yourself and fundraise the rest. With our help, fundraising with social media and email will be easy. We hope that you will set a goal above program cost. That additional donation will keep Habitat building after your team returns home. Joining this team can be your first step in making Jordan a better place to live.
- Day 1, Friday: North American volunteers depart.
- Day 2, Saturday: Arrive in Amman. Habitat for Humanity picks you up at the airport and introduces you to your team at dinner.
- Day 3, Sunday: Travel to the affiliate community, where Habitat staff will share about our impact in Jordan and brief the team on your project.
- Days 4-7, Monday-Thursday: Build on the work site, with free time, team meetings, and cultural activities in the evenings. Enjoy a dedication ceremony on Thursday.
- Day 8, Friday: Continue your journey in the Middle East independently or depart for home.
Meals and accommodations
In Amman teams stay in double-occupancy rooms in a modest, comfortable hotel. Near the work site, the team stays in community spaces with separate communal sleeping for men and women. At dinner, try traditional Jordanian dishes or cook as a group with food you buy at the market.
Tasks on the work site
Sifting sand, mixing cement, hauling blocks, bricklaying, painting and plastering and other tasks assigned by the expert construction crew. We use locally available building materials so that the project is economically and ecologically responsible.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join? Blake Oelke will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
What Blake loves about Global Village: “One of my favorite experiences was the celebration upon our arrival to a village in Zambia. The singing, dancing and food prepared by the women of the village was amazing. Smiling children were everywhere. The children I meet on these trips with Habitat make me realize why our work is so important.”