Santa Fe, Argentina
Travel to Argentina and see how Habitat is eliminating substandard housing, one family at a time. You and your team will work alongside partner families, and become members of the community in the process.
You’ll get to know Santa Fe like a local. Eat traditional dishes, see a tango show and end the trip exploring the city of Buenos Aires.
Meals and accommodations
Tasks on the work site
- Friday: Suggested departure for North American volunteers.
- Saturday: Arrive in Buenos Aires, get to know your team.
- Sunday: Meet the National Director and learn more about Habitat’s work in Argentina. Take a bus to Santa Fe, where you’ll spend the build week.
- Monday- Friday: Build each day, with free time in the evenings, including an evening of tango.
- Saturday: Take a bus to Buenos Aires, enjoy a free afternoon in the capital.
- Sunday: Your journey in South America may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
(For more details about what is included in this cost, visit Global Village program cost.)
Share your story
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Share photos and videos, even updates from the field. It’s a great way to raise support for your trip costs, and anything extra goes as donations to build Habitat’s impact! Together we can improve shelter conditions and end poverty housing.
Have questions? Ready to join? Erick Howells will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you.
Erick says about his work with Global Village, “Over the multiple builds I have been on, I’ve found that my favorite moment is the realization that what we are doing, in that moment, is getting immediate results for the people in need with every nail we hammer and every brick we lay.”