Adventure is waiting for you on this Global Village trip to Sri Lanka! Team up with a great group of volunteers to build cost effective homes amid lush, green fields and tea plantations.
Our team will assist in constructing core homes that can be expanded over time. Some of the tasks include building concrete block or brick walls, installing corrugated tin roofs and finishing plaster. Our efforts will help low-income families finally realize their housing dreams.
Sri Lanka is also home to golden beaches, misty mountains, lovely tea and warm smiles. Don’t miss out on this unique and fun trip!
Global Village sends volunteers to build with Habitat for Humanity projects across the world. Get your hands dirty on the worksite, meet the families whose housing situation you are improving, experience the country like an insider and do it all alongside a team of like-minded volunteers. No experience is required! This build is your next step with Habitat to make the world a better place.
• Build core homes that can be expanded over time.
• Share a cup of tea with local homeowners and a great group of fellow volunteers.
• Enjoy Sri Lanka’s golden beaches.
- Friday: Suggested departure for North American volunteers.
- Saturday: Travel day
- Sunday: Arrive in Sri Lanka and meet your team. Stay overnight in Negombo.
- Monday: Travel to the project location. Habitat staff will share about their work in building impact in Sri Lanka.
- Tuesday-Friday: Build each day, with free time and team activities in the evenings.
- Saturday-Sunday: Free days for cultural activities.
- Monday-Thursday: Build each day.
- Friday: House dedication and departure for Negombo.
- Saturday: Your journey in Sri Lanka may continue independently, or you may depart for home.
This cost includes an important donation to Habitat for Humanity so that we can continue building safe, decent housing after you return home. For more details about what is included, visit Global Village program cost.
Share your story and keep Habitat building
You’re doing something exciting with Habitat, so tell people about it! Create a page on Share.Habitat to tell friends, family and coworkers about your Global Village trip. Fundraising your program cost will be easy, and any additional funds you raise will keep Habitat building after your team returns home.
Accommodations and food
Teams stay in modest but comfortable hotels. All meals, snacks and ample water will be provided. Teams can sample the range of local cuisine at dinner.
Types of work for volunteers
Some of the tasks for volunteers include building concrete block or brick walls, installing corrugated tin roofs and finishing plaster. All work will be done under the guidance of an expert mason.
Contact this team’s leader
Have questions? Ready to join the team? Aubury Holmes will lead this team in the field and would love to speak with you. Contact her at email@example.com.
The reason why Aubury wants to lead a team to Sri Lanka: “I am excited to lead another Global Village Trip. I have lead trips to Guatemala, Macedonia, Cameroon, Fiji and Jordan. Every trip I have had the good fortune to have incredible team members. The GV trips provide the opportunity to meet the people of Sri Lanka and learn about their culture. I am looking forward to the opportunity to build a home for family as well as meet the team members.”