Frequently asked questions
What is HabitatLearns?
HabitatLearns offers online courses to orient and develop new staff and volunteers so that they can help us reach our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Who can sign up for HabitatLearns?
Anyone – volunteers, supporters and the public – can sign up to learn about Habitat’s mission, what we do and how we do it.
How do I get started?
HabitatLearns is available 24/7. Go to HabitatLearns and then select “Sign up for a new account” to create an account and start learning today.
I forgot my password. How can I recover it?
Click the “Forgot your password?” link under the login prompt.
I forgot my username. How can I recover it?
Email HabitatLearns@habitat.org for assistance. Your login id may be the same as the email address on the account.
I have an account on My.Habitat. Do I need to sign up for a new account on HabitatLearns?
Yes. HabitatLearns requires a separate sign-on.
Why shouldn’t I create a general user account that is shared or use an account that was passed along to me from someone else?
There are several reasons for users to have their own personal accounts in HabitatLearns, as follows:
- Your activity in HabitatLearns will be tracked and saved so that when you enroll in and open courses and then log out of the system, you can return to courses where you left off.
- A history of courses you have completed will be available for your records.
- Course completion certificates will print with your name.
- Any new course that you enroll in will always be the most current version of that course.
- Habitat for Humanity will be able to track actual use of courses and make decisions regarding course selection and maintenance of these courses and of the system.
Is there a cost for these courses?
Although Habitat for Humanity International pays fees for the courses, we do not currently pass these fees along. We do accept donations to help keep these courses available to our staff and volunteers at no cost. Donate at www.Habitat.org.
What system requirements do I need to run HabitatLearns?
System requirements may vary by course. Here are the minimum requirements for each course:
- Connection to the internet. While many courses may run on a 56 kbps connection, for best performance, we recommend that you use a hard-wired connection, such as LAN, Cable or DSL, and not a wireless or dial-up connection. Note: Many wireless routers are 56 kbps and may be slower than a hard-wired connection.
- A supported web browser. Free supported web browsers are:
- A Flash player. The free Flash player can be downloaded from this site.
- Popup windows enabled. Search the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how to turn off the popup blocker.
- Cookies enabled. Search the ‘Help’ menu of your browser to see how to allow or enable cookies.
I received a message “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” when I select “Sign up for a new account.”
This issue may occur if you are using Windows Internet Explorer. We are working to prevent this error from occurring, however, if you see this message, click “Continue to this website (not recommended).”
What if I need further assistance?
If you have additional questions about HabitatLearns, you can contact us via one of the methods below.
Habitat for Humanity International
270 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 1300
Atlanta, GA 30303
If you have general questions about Habitat for Humanity, please send your inquiry to email@example.com.