Application Support Analyst III
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is looking for an IT professional to fill the position of Application Support Analyst III. This role functions as a senior technical position that is responsible for the application support processes and the production operation of the applications under the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) & Fundraising portfolio. The Application Support Analyst III is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to guide the team on the operations, testing, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems. This position will be based at our administrative headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures data integrity of business application systems and proactively monitors applications and corresponding interfaces for issue indicators or production impacts.
- Conducts reviews with the support team to ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met, escalations are handled and improvement opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Takes a leadership role in establishing and implementing production support and service management process standardization and improvement, including problem management, change management, job scheduling and completing operational requests.
- Conducts routine monitoring, administration and continual improvement of applications within the production environment while providing high level technical support to clients.
- Resolves support requests and functions as technical resource to the Help Desk and ensures accessibility and support for after-hours and escalated priority support calls. This includes support of specific applications as well as coordination within the CRM & Fundraising team for all applications supported by the department.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots applications and interfaces as necessary to meet the needs of organizational groups or individuals.
- Prepares and maintains all system and application documentation required to support and maintain applications and their production schedules.
- Provides test plans and performs testing of applications, upgrades, and patches prior to introduction to production environment. Implement processes to confirm operational readiness for system changes prior to deployment. .
- Directs and manages primary CRM vendor and other third party service providers to coordinate maintenance or upgrade schedules or to initiate/follow-up on tickets.
- Functions as technical subject matter expert (SME) for support of specific applications in production and acts as a technical resource in organizational projects.
- Participates and leads team meetings, including status reports, needs assessments, and problem reviews. .
- Develops an in-depth understanding of HFHI business processes/procedures and the ability to step in and provide leadership when needed to ensure production systems meet the needs of the business.
- Analyzes processes, recommend process improvement and writes formal documentation.
- Assists management with staff development, training and mentoring of more junior application support analysts and staff.
- Bachelor's degree plus 6-10 years of related IT experience.
- Experience working with a wide variety of technologies including SQL Server, SQL coding, Windows server, data integration, application integration, SOA, etc.
- Experience with and solid understanding of operational support processes and the SDLC process. Familiarity with industry standard operational support frameworks such as ITIL or COBIT best practices.
- Experience with relational database systems, networking and Internet technologies as pertains to an application in production.
- Experience as a technical team lead as part of an business application support team, in addition to being an individual contributor.
- Understanding of requirements for support in SaaS environments.
- Ability to automate operational procedures via a variety of shell scripting languages.
- Proficient with scheduling, starting/stopping, and restarting application processes.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution and address priority issues with clients.
- Ability to concurrently resolve multiple problems; with strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
This position will be based at our administrative headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Information Technology|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||84BR|