Application Support Analyst III
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is looking for an IT professional to fill the position of Application Support Analyst III. This role functions as the principal client liaison in the production use and operations of HFHI enterprise production applications. In this role the Application Support Analyst III is responsible for all aspects of the use and operational conditions of specific applications. This position will be based at our administrative headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducts routine monitoring, administration and continual improvement of applications within the production environment while providing high level technical support to clients.
- Facilitates for monthly maintenance activities as they relate to production applications.
- Resolves support requests through the ticketing system and functions as technical escalation resource to Help Desk and ensure accessibility and support for afterhours escalated priority support calls.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots applications and interfaces as necessary to meet the needs of organizational groups or individuals.
- Develops and maintains all system and application documentation required to support and maintain applications and their production schedules
- Ensures data integrity of systems and proactively monitors applications and corresponding interfaces for issue indicators or production impacts.
- Provides testing of applications, upgrades, and patches prior to introduction to production environment.
- Interfaces with third party service providers to coordinate maintenance or upgrade schedules or to initiate/follow-up on tickets relevant to their services.
- Functions as technical subject matter expert (SME) for support of applications in production environment and acts as a technical resource in organizational projects.
- Participates and lead team meetings, including status reports, meeting minutes, needs assessments, issues logs and change management process and procedures.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of HFHI business processes/procedures and the ability to step in and provide leadership when needed.
- Analyzes processes, recommend process improvement and writes formal documentation.
- Assists management with staff development and training of more junior analysts and staff in areas of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree plus 6-10 years of related IT experience.
- Experience working with a wide variety of technologies including SQL Server, SQL coding, Windows server, data integration, application integration, SOA, etc.
- Experience with and solid understanding of SDLC process.
- Experience working with relational database systems, networking and Internet technologies as pertains to an application in production.
- Understanding of requirements for support in SaaS environments.
- Application development experience desired, including:
- Ability to automate operational procedures via a variety of shell scripting languages.
- Proficient with systems, application, and database monitoring tools and techniques.
- Proficient with scheduling, starting/stopping, and restarting application processes.
- Familiarity with ITIL/COBIT best practices.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills; ability to handle conflict resolution and priority issues with customers.
- Ability to execute and resolve multiple project deliverables and problems; strong analytical, assessment and problem-solving skills.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Information Technology|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||84BR|