Associate Director Program Development & Support (Asia/Pacific region)
The Program Development & Support team consists of a team of technical experts specializing in four distinct sectors [Construction/Appropriate Technology, Program Design Monitoring & Evaluation (PDME), Advocacy, and Housing Support Services.] This regional team of housing/shelter experts provides advisory services to our Asia/Pacific (AP) region’s programs in 18 countries, assisting in the development, implementation, support, and monitoring/evaluation of housing and shelter programs throughout the region. The team also provides internal support to the regional Program Managers, contributing to Habitat’s efforts in the number of households served (new construction, disaster response, advocacy and technical assistance) annually (more than 50,000 in 2013) and seeks innovative and committed individuals who take our mission to heart. These activities are funded through a mix of institutional sources (DFID, USAID, EU, etc), corporate and private donors.
As the Program Development & Support Associate Director, you will be responsible for leading this multi-sector team of technical specialists, supporting the operations of housing programs throughout our AP region, ensuring program implementations are within sector and Habitat standards, and leveraging staff to provide the necessary technical assistance and capacity building to country programs. You should have a strong background and understanding in urban shelter/housing solutions – with an emphasis on improvement of informal settlements, slum upgrading and resettlement. This is an area of innovation for Habitat for Humanity in which you personally will be the regional lead and key contributor to a global initiative. You possess proven leadership expertise demonstrating your proficiency in leading diverse multi-sector teams, preferably within the Asia/Pacific community, and have experience working in an international organization with responsibilities spanning multiple countries.
- Leadership – develop staff capacity by providing management, support, evaluation, and mentorship to team through coaching and performance evaluations
- Strategy & Planning – contribute to the development of regional and global level strategies, policies, processes, and initiatives related to applicable technical areas
- Program Development & Support – Monitor capacity of National Organization’s staff in the relevant technical areas and recommend initiatives and programs for building staff capacity, as needed
- BA/BS degree in related field (Urban Development highly valued) – Master’s degree preferred
- Proven leadership experience managing a multi-sector team of subject matter experts
- Experience with the affordable shelter/housing sector
- Strong expertise in urban development for very low income households, (implementation of urban projects for slum upgrading, improvement of informal settlements a must)
- Expertise in one or more of water/sanitation/hygiene (WASH or WATSAN), program design, monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, construction technology, or housing support services
- Strong consulting, training and facilitation skills
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Region:||Asia & the Pacific|
|Job Position Type:||International Employment|
|Job Function:||Advocacy, Government Relations, International National Organization, International Programs, Operations, Strategy|
|Job Position Category:||International Post|
|Auto Req ID:||92BR|