Chief Financial Officer, Cambodia
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) leads the development of the country program’s capacity to deliver the objectives set forth for the Finance Unit in support of HFHI Cambodia’s short and long term objectives. The CFO is reporting to the National Director of HFHI-Cambodia and accountable for leading the Finance Team in managing the organization’s financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes and internal controls, ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan. This position provides leadership and coaching to the Finance Team.
- Planning and Leadership Impact: play a key role in planning and setting the direction of Habitat for Humanity International Cambodia (HFHIC) and participate in the strategic planning process including multiyear budget forecasting and development of finance policies and procedures.
- Provide direct oversight and support to the Finance Team and ensure all HFHI Cambodia finance policies and systems, transactions and financial reports are in compliance with HFHI.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the internal control procedures for the National Office, Field Offices, and partner organizations.
- Ensure all funds received by HFHIC are accurately recorded, and compliant with HFHIC internal control procedures.
- Ensure statistical data is captured and recorded accurately and on a timely basis and reports are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines.
- Analyze National Office and Field Office-level financial and statistical reports on a monthly basis; track key indicators and timelines, provide written or verbal analysis to stakeholders, HFHIC managers, supervisors, committees, and Asia Pacific Managers.
- Facilitate the preparation of the annual budget with HFHIC management to ensure it is prepared as required by HFHI and HFHIC.
- In consultation with the Country Director, prepare grant proposals and fund transfers. Liaise with the Asia Pacific Grant Manager and other Area Office staff, to ensure all grant proposals and fund transfer queries are followed up in a timely manner.
- Grant Management – responsible for preparation of financial oversight and financial reports as required for all grants.
- Management of all financial aspects of all save and build projects and of associated revolving funds.
- Facilitate year end external audit, to ensure compliance with US GAAP and audit completion by the HFHI due date.
- Ensure adherence to Cambodian Government financial reporting requirements, and compliance and follow up on all finance related enquiries from the Cambodia Government.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities above at the required level
- Advanced knowledge and experience with accounting and/or financial management software (e.g., SUN System, Quick Book, etc), and MS Office applications.
- Broad financial management skills to direct financial planning, accounting, internal control and loan portfolio management needs of the country program
- Strong commitment to team management approach, including good managerial, leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Proven capacity to interact and negotiate with international partners, government officials, corporate partners and grassroots partners
- Good command English, both verbal and written, Khmer language an asset
- Proven integrity and good character especially in the stewardship of resources, transparency and accountability
- Strong commitment to uphold the organization’s Christian roots and principles
- Cross-cultural management experience
- Proven track record in HR management, including recruitment, contract management, etc.At least 3 years experiences as a senior manager in a similar size NGO or company, overseeing multi-departmental responsibilities including administrations, HR and finance.
- Knowledge of Cambodia financial and tax regulations, especially those pertaining to non-governmental or not-for-profit organizations
- Previous experience managing grants or contracts with external funding agencies, such as the World Bank, USAID, AUSAID, etc. is an advantage
- Previous experience in banking or micro-financing is an advantage
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Location:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia.|
|Region:||Asia & the Pacific|
|Job Position Type:||International Employment|
|Job Function:||Finance / Accounting, International Programs|
|Job Position Category:||International Post|
|Auto Req ID:||51BR|