Community Development Knowledge Sharing Specialist
Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking a talented professional to manage Community Development Knowledge Sharing for our Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative (NRI). This initiative, launched in 2010, was founded on the belief that Habitat for Humanity could serve more families by adopting a holistic approach to partnering with neighborhoods and by expanding the housing products that we offer. NRI is designed so that participating affiliates serve more families by responding to community aspirations with an expanded array of products, services and partnerships, thereby reviving neighborhoods and enhancing the quality of life for all.
This position’s primary responsibility is to assess the knoweldge sharing opportunities for participating NRI affiliates and provide the necessary solutions for accessible, timely and critical information to be shared. This position will be located at HFHI's administrative headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
** Key leader in setting knowledge sharing strategies for NRI
- Understand affiliates' flow of knowledge to influence and support affiliates in sharing information, best practices and coaching.
- Determine strategies for increasing readership
- Create pull strategies for knowledge-sharing, both from HFHI and affiliate's themselves.
** Assess NRI affiliates' preferences for technology solutions for information sharing and networking
** Based on assessment, define and implement appropriate knowledge-sharing and technology solutions that include, but are not limited to:
- design, curate, populate and maintain, NRI's My.Habitat site which hosts all of the learning materials, best practices, media, and inspiration for NRI affiliates and their partner coalitions
- partner with www.habitat.org designers and programmers to improve NRI's presences on that platform and then maintain a current and accurate site
- creation of podcasts (audio & video)
- design, monitor and encourage use of Facebook group for NRI's virtual community
- develop, design and distribute newletter formats (like Mail Chimp) for direct communication with affiliates
- create the technical requirements for documenting NRI affiliate activity in Salesforce and create necessary reports to monitor activity
- responsible for publishing all electronic content and communications for NRI
** Keep NRI current in the technology space to ever improve solutions for NRI affiliates
** Participate in program design, based on the evolving nature of NRI
** Bachelors degree
** 3 to 5 years experience in Community Development or other not-for-profit program management
** Demonstrated experience developing clear, concise content to be used by wide audiences in various electronic formats, as well as creative design to increase readership of content.
** Knowledge about social networking solutions
** A self-starter with significant attention to detail
** Strong liaison experience to work with outside departments and divisions on behalf of NRI.
** Ability to re-prioritize work to meet new demands
** Development, design and posting of information to internal sharing site
** Ability to program various email newsletters (such as MailChimp)
** Program and run reports from HFHI's applicable databases (Salesforce, etc)
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||US Programs|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||24BR|