Development Officer, Individual Giving
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a dedicated professional for the role of Development Officer, Individual Giving. Reporting to the Deputy Director, Individual Giving, this position will work in collaboration with the entire Individual Giving Team, will use phone calls, face-to-face visits, and other creative cultivation techniques to close gifts between $25,000 and $100,000. The long-term retention of these donors is a key factor for success. The position will be responsible for contributing to a multi-million dollar annual revenue team goal from a portfolio of existing and prospective donors.
The Development Officer, Individual Giving will work collaboratively with colleagues in the Individual Giving department to identify and upgrade donors into the mid-five and six-figure giving levels. The Individual Giving team will work collaboratively with others in Resource Development to employ data mining techniques to identify donors capable of, but not yet giving at the $25,000-100,000 level for cultivation. This position will be based at HFHI's Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
We currently have two positions available. Both are based in Atlanta. One will serve the West Coast, the other the Midwest Region.
- Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing five-figure commitments from individuals.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of qualified relationships in a defined territory.
- Conduct and/or coordinate phone conferences, face-to-face visits, and other activities with donors.
- Meet or exceed multi-million dollar annual revenue team goals.
- Develop a caseload of active special gifts prospects, and carry out strategies for solicitation of these prospects.
- Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors.
- Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to “crack the code” of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors.
- Compassionately articulate the Habitat story in its broadest sense, seeking to close unrestricted gifts toward the Global Impact Fund.
- Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts.
- BA/BS required, Masters degree preferred.
- 3+ years of front-line experience in major or annual fund gifts development in a large, nationwide setting, preferably as part of a nationally deployed team.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity. Experience in a multi-national federated organization with the ability to thrive.
- $4 million+ in total gifts closed personally during her/his career.
- Innovative, creative, strategic and analytical thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and an unusual - capacity to engage, inspire and persuade.
- The ability to ignite a passion and to create and communicate excitement about HFH’s compelling mission.
- Strong development-related technology skills.
- A self starter with a high level of energy, self-confidence, and a positive “can-do” attitude are essential, as is humility.
- An individual of unquestionable integrity whose professional and personal conduct reflects HFH’s values.
- Up to 40% travel required.
- The successful candidate will be seasoned and mature, and will have a comfortable and unflappable manner.
- Past Habitat for Humanity volunteer experience is a plus, and will help candidates be successful in this role.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Resource Development|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||59BR|