GA, Newnan - Administrative Assistant
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
- Provide administrative support to the executive director and the NCHFH affiliate in order to ensure smooth day-to-day operations with accurate information.
- Recruit, train and manage an administrative support volunteer committee to assist in completing below tasks that are not of a confidential nature.
- Ensure job tasks are completed on time.
- Answer calls and/or check messages on office main line phone daily; return calls same day and/or forward to appropriate staff.
- Check, respond to and/or forward all emails daily.
- Mail management: Sort, distribute and manage mail. If needed, deliver mail to P.O. once/week sort.
- Prepare, support and code all accounts receivable and payable for CPA and up-to-date record keeping.
- Maintain filing system.
- Maintain Outlook schedule of projects being worked on by each department.
- Prepare all deposit slips for deposits and deliver to bank(s) – BB&T and Bank of North Georgia once a week.
- Prepare and deliver CPA package each Tuesday either at lunch hour or on way home to certifited personal accountant, Higgins and Smith.
- Check writing: secure approval for payment; submit invoices for payment.
- Ensure each staff member turns in credit card receipts for every charge made.
- Ensure invoices, credit card receipts/statements and expense reports are coded appropriately.
- Ensure proof of workers compensation is secured from all contractors prior to submitting invoices for payment.
- Serve as liaison to certified personal accountant (Downtown Newnan) and follow-up with any to do items upon return of CPA package each Thursday morning.
- Oversee and manage the transition, maintenance and staff training to contact management system.
- Keystone data entry and management (donations and orientation list).
- Ensure keystone data entry is up to date and accurate.
- Generate thank you letters for all monetary and gift-in-kind donations; to be signed personally by executive director.
- Administrative support to executive director as assigned.
- Maintain and keep current all filing.
- Maintain all keystone mortgage records on each Habitat homeowner.
- Ensure office environment is clean and tidy at all times.
- Update hard drive twice a week.
- Submit payroll, HRA and expenses to payroll service twice a month.
- Verify CPA estimated amounts due, then mail late notices to homeowners (letters to be generated in Keystone).
- Scrutinize and manage all office supply needs.
- Assist executive director in preparing materials needed for board of directors meeting.
- Read and forward to appropriate staff the HFHI monthly newsletter.
- Keep media board up to date with no items older than 30 days; file old media in media binders.
- Ensure all workers compensation and insurance forms are accurate and submitted on time.
- Complete HFHI quality assurance reports.
- Complete all HFHI reports required to HFHI, i.e.: families served.
- Thrivent Financial build/repair reports.
- Complete other reports as assigned.
- Ensure all documents are prepared and correct for annual audit and annual insurance audit.
- Ensure all NSP files are in order per federal guidelines for annual audit inspection.
- Manage and oversee rental of CR room; coordinate arrangements for after hour usage.
- Manage and oversee and submit all federal draw down (Neighborhood Stabilization Program- NSP) requests to City of Newnan to insure all federal guidelines are adhered to.
- Insure all NSP revolving loan fund payments are made on time and properly to City of Newnan (twice annually).
- Work with construction personnel to insure proper documentation is adhered to in purchasing items for each home.
- Create and maintain all keystone property’and property address files are up to date and in order.
- Prepare all necessary documents for house closings.
- Orient new employees on admin requirements/keystone/contact management.
- Other work as assigned.
- Associate degree in business administration and/or work equivalent.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, excel, word, PowerPoint; access database; contact management systems (Sales force a plus).
- Highly organized, multi-tasker.
- At ease working in a fast-passed, rapidly fluctuating environment.
- Extremely dependable.
- Experience working with and managing volunteers and all levels of staff.
Hours: Full-time, non-exempt position; 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri, 8:30 – 5p.m. Occasional evenings and Saturdays required.
Compensation: minimum $20,800
Benefits: Paid vacation and health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available
Supervisor: Executive director
In order to apply, each applicant must submit all of the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
Note: only applications sent via email with all the above information included will be considered. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.