GA, Newnan - Grant Writer/Publication Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Oversee all aspects of grant writing and promotional materials for Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- Work with development director to set annual goals and work to meet/exceed them.
- Research, identify, write and manage all grant writing fundraising efforts.
- Submit and administer reoccurring grant applications annually, i.e.: Thrivent Financial, United Way, Common Good Fund, Kiwanis, Home Depot, Lowes, Tull Foundation, etc.
- Research and submit additional grant funding in support of NCHFH overall development goals.
- Develop, create, and maintain all promotional material for NCHFH.
- packet to provide to major donor targets
- Participate in HFHI webinars relevant to position.
- Provide monthly status report to development director for reporting to board of directors.
- Other duties as assigned by development director.
Qualifications and skills:
- Successful grant writing experience in meeting pre-set goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Strong Internet search engine skills.
- Strong research abilities.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong sense of ethics and dependability.
- Tact and finesse.
- Computer aptitude, including database management KeyStone (Access), Microsoft Publications/PowerPoint, MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Dedicated to the goals and missions of Habitat for Humanity.
- Part-time non-exempt hourly position
- Compensation: minimum $13/hour
Hours: 16-20 hours per week.
Benefits: one week accrued paid vacation; AFLAC available
Reports to: Development director
In order to apply, each applicant must submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
Note: only applications sent via email with all the above information included will be considered. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.