GA, Newnan - Project Manager, Construction Site Selection
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Position purpose: To support all construction and site selection activities of Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage all construction efforts at the direction of the executive director.
- Recruit and train an active working committee of qualified construction crew leads for every construction project.
- Work strategically with each Habitat department head to develop timelines, budgets and volunteer needs for every construction project.
- Facilitate the creation and modification of all home plans and site plans.
- Conduct training for crew leads and construction volunteers; review safety rules at the start of each build day.
- Communicate with all staff at weekly staff meetings timelines, number of volunteers required for each day’s construction activities and ensure all volunteers have signed necessary waivers prior to work.
- Ensure necessary construction permits and code inspections are secured and scheduled as needed.
- Ensure all subcontractors have submitted proof of insurance prior to hiring.
- Ensure that building projects are completed on time, within budget and with outstanding quality.
- Keep all construction supplies in construction bin/tool truck inventoried and organized.
- Always “shop” construction bin/tool truck and Habitat ReStore BEFORE purchasing items for build site, etc.
- Execute one-year home warranty for all Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity homes, facilitating any needed repairs during the warranty period.
- Seek required bids (minimum 3) for all necessary paid work/materials, i.e.: flooring, plumbing, HVAC, sheetrock, roofing, lumber.
- Review all construction related invoices and bills, verifying the validity of each and coding each according to Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity’s accounting system.
- Submit all required receipts/invoices to administrative assistant for payment.
- Ensure all subcontractors have required worker’s compensation insurance and proper paper work submitted to administrative assistant prior to hiring.
- Order all necessary construction supplies and appliances from local vendors, Habitat International and Whirlpool in prompt fashion to ensure timely arrival.
- To actively seek and secure in-kind donations of building materials to be used in NCHFH houses.
- Follow all safety regulations/policies of HFHI and NCHFH and seek immediate medical care when needed.
- Maintain construction standards fitting with Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity’s commitment to quality homebuilding.
- Stay abreast of current construction standards and local codes through HFHI construction conferences/webinars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assess potential build/rehab sites as assigned by executive director and make recommendation on suitability for future Habitat home.
- Coordinate all necessary inspections for NSP home per HUD regulations prior to purchase.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or comparable degree preferred.
- Past experience with Habitat in leading all levels of volunteer construction teams with proven success a major plus.
- Construction experience and/or contractors licensure preferred.
- Commitment to the philosophy of Newnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity and enthusiasm for the mission.
- Strong management, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Access, Internet, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Dependability and strong work ethic, integrity.
- Ability to work well and communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Preference given to individuals with construction experience, knowledge of Habitat for Humanity and a history of volunteerism.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Hours: Exempt position, Tuesday- Saturday, 8:30 – 5p.m. If no build scheduled for Saturday, Monday work is required.
Compensation: minimum $40,000
Benefits: Paid vacation and health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available
Supervisor: Executive director
In order to apply, each applicant must submit all of the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
Note: only applications sent via email with all the above information included will be considered. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.