Housing Support Services Manager
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a dedicated professional for the role of Housing Support Services Manager (Asia Pacific). Within HFHI, Housing Support Services includes products or services which help households to either access or improve their land, tenure, basic services, or shelter. HFHI provides various levels of consultative support across these areas which then enable a household to improve their house on their own.
This position specifically will be lead the support, growth and development of housing support services initiatives within the Asia Pacific office, local HFH national organizations, Financial Service Providers, and other implementing partners across the 18-country region. This individual will collaborate with other members of the Operations team to provide construction technical assistance and institutional technical assistance to Habitat national programs. This position will be located at HFHI's Asia Pacific area office located in Manila, Philippines.
Provide strategic direction on HSS in Asia Pacific
• Contribute to the development of the region-wide HSS strategy including construction and non-construction housing support services delivered by local HFH national organizations and through third-party implementing partners.
• Assist national organizations in developing strategies and systems for housing support services as a program innovation.
• Participate in research, policy development and design around low-income construction and housing.
• Periodically participate in and contribute to the work and outcomes of global task teams.
• Serve as a resource to the Asia Pacific Area Office, HFH national organizations, consultants and other third-party implementing partners in general in the field of HSS technologies and methodologies.
Create capacity at the national and regional level in the area of HSS
• Develop and deliver effective training, orientation, reference materials and tools, to assist local partners
• Build the capacity of market based local partners on HSS construction services and non-construction methodologies and interventions
• Provide HSS-related learning interventions for Asia Pacific’s Area Office, regional, national and partner staff.
Provide project management of market-based HSS initiatives
• Initiate and support the negotiation of favorable partnerships/contracts in the construction sector.
• Lead the design of new HSS services and its delivery models for partners, identify viable options and negotiate the terms of inclusion of HSS component of contracts with financial service providers.
• Provide input and guidance on all new Asia Pacific region HSS project designs and proposals. Advise on the approval of HSS project proposals and budgets.
• Overall responsibility for supporting the planning and implementation of HSS initiatives, as determined by annual plans
• Provide in-country and remote project management oversight to engagements with market based actors in pro-poor housing provision
• Lead the analysis, monitoring and evaluation of the performance of HSS services and programs implemented by national organizations, financial service providers, and/or other partners
• Develop and maintain a database of best practice interventions for HSS practices and methodologies
Internal and external coordination and representation
• Participate in Country Support Teams which possess HSS programming
• Act as a liaison between the Market Development Unit and the Housing and Human Settlements unit
• Actively participate on Global Task Teams, participate in related Habitat Communities of Practice (COPs)
• Network with organizations and associations working in the HSS or construction related sectors and other fields related to low-cost housing, to access latest technological developments
• Coordinate the reporting and communication on HSS related projects to stakeholders and/or external donors
• MBA strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or construction-related field such as Building Science, Urban Planning, and Construction Project Management a plus
• Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in project management, a plus if in housing or a related sector
• 3-5 years of project management experience preferred
• Prior work experience in Asia Pacific countries highly preferred
• Knowledge of construction technologies and industry in developing economies in the AP region and/or in the low income housing context
• Understanding of/experience in microfinance and/or housing related loan services for low-income families.
• Experience in business model development and financial analysis skills.
• Demonstrated experience with providing training and development of training materials.
• Consultancy/advisory skills.
• Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication.
• Cross-cultural communication skills. Ability to work with other cultures and nationalities.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• Knowledge of cost effective construction design for low-income clients – rural, urban, detached houses and multi-unit apartment blocks, with strong background in social/affordable housing designs/renovations.
• Knowledge and experience of energy efficient design and technologies, in the residential sector.
• Knowledge and experience of green building techniques in the residential sector.
• Knowledge and experience in project design and Construction Project Management
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Region:||Asia & the Pacific|
|Job Position Type:||International Employment|
|Job Function:||International Programs|
|Job Position Category:||International Post|
|Auto Req ID:||443BR|