IA, Knoxville - Community Outreach Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
This will be a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week; however, hours may vary from week to week depending on assigned tasks. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. This is a salaried position. Salary is based on education and experience. This position will include paid time off; however, no other benefits are available at this time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (i.e. public relations, marketing, communications or nonprofit management).
- Must have excellent written and communication skills and be willing to share the mission of Habitat in the community.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Previous nonprofit related experience is preferred.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Being an advocate for affordable housing in Marion County and across the world.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the organization related to community outreach (public relations, volunteer relations and community development).
- Build relationships with businesses, churches, organizations, etc., throughout Marion County with the goal to engage them with our organization.
- Work closely with the executive director on creating annual community outreach plans and annual public relations plans.
- Lead volunteer coordinators to ensure our projects have an adequate amount of community volunteers to complete our projects.
- With the executive director, research grant opportunities, complete grant applications and maintain data for grant reporting and other duties involving grant funding.
- Coordinate public relations/communications of the organization such as newsletters, press releases, website and Facebook postings and other community awareness activities.
- Maintain organization’s website.
- Maintain the donor and volunteer database.
- Plan public relations events with the assistance of the community development committee.
- All other duties assigned.
- Habitat for Humanity of Marion County, Inc. is an ecumenical Christian, nonprofit organization that builds and sell houses to low-income families that meet our qualifications. Our mission is, “Working for God and partnering with people to build affordable homes, provide hope and develop community.” We seek to eliminate substandard housing in the Marion County area and around the world.
Cover letter, resume, and references may be sent or emailed to:
Habitat for Humanity of Marion County, Inc.
P.O. Box 229
Knoxville, IA 50138