Intake/Case Management Liaison
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), in conjunction with its Superstorm Sandy response efforts, is seeking a dedicated professional for the role of Intake/Case Management Liaison (Sandy). This position is a key player in the development and management of beneficiary and resettlement policy and processes. This individual works closely with potential beneficiaries in affected municipalities, local government, affiliate partners and other HFHI staff in support of HFHI’s Sandy recovery and reconstruction strategy. It is anticipated that this position will be a one-year assignement. This position is based in the New York City area and requires up to 50% travel within the affected region.
• Manage the relationship with all contracted case management organizations.
• Review all home owner agreements prior to work beginning and ensure legal compliance.
• Review all home owner agreements at the completion of the work to ensure legal compliance.
• Assist Project Director in awarding homes that have completed the case management process so repair work can begin.
• Develop and lead a beneficiary selection and resettlement process in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Act as point of contact for beneficiary selection and resettlement processes and ensure proper functioning of the program within organizational policies as well as donor compliance.
• Oversee and monitor related budget.
• Develop tools and resources to enhance the current beneficiary selection/support processes, identify potential problems, remove bottlenecks and document and communicate results.
• Identify opportunities to involve collaborative partners as well as new and innovative family service methodologies.
• Create and maintain databases associated with beneficiary selection.
• Take a leadership position on specific projects and programs when requested.
• Assist in compiling overall analysis and dissemination of lessons learned.
• Provide reports to stake holders as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work • 5-7 years’ related experience, including case management • Experience managing community-based programming • Experience designing and implementing processes and policies • Experience building alliances and partnerships • Fluency in English required • Fluency in a second language preferred • Ability to communicate in a culturally sensitive manner • Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social work
• 5-7 years’ related experience, including case management
• Experience managing community-based programming
• Experience designing and implementing processes and policies
• Experience building alliances and partnerships
• Fluency in English required
• Fluency in a second language preferred
• Ability to communicate in a culturally sensitive manner
• Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||Sandy|
|Posting Id:||55 838|
|City:||New York City|