Lead Application Developer
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is recruiting for a versatile Lead Application Developer within their Information Technology Delivery Services Team. A senior member of the Delivery Services Team, the Lead Application Developer designs, builds and implements multi-platform solutions for Habitat for Humanity’s Intranet/Extranet, public websites and business applications. An application developer who can write code by hand but also feels comfortable with frameworks like SharePoint and .Net. The position will be based at Habitat for Humanity’s international administrative headquarters office in Atlanta, GA.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Working within the .Net & SharePoint frameworks to develop, manage and support new and existing applications
• Participate in project planning and execution
• Assess and develop high level design for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team
• Assess detailed specifications against design requirements and develop solution specification (design) document and SDLC related artifacts for project.
• May provide, or guide provision of technical support to applications currently in production.
• May mentor less experienced technical staff;
• May use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Development or similar field
• 3+ years of application development experience in a variety of software environments including ASP.Net, MVC, SQL Server
• 2+ years using Microsoft’s SharePoint platform
• Experience with web services using WCF, REST, or JSON is an asset
• Experience working in a team development environment using source control (Git, Subversion) and software project management tools such as Jira
• Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish: including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively on multiple projects with minimal supervision
• Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; team-oriented, with a positive attitude
• Good organizational, creative and analytical skills, including demonstrated success in analyzing and solving difficult problems
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Information Technology|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||27BR|