MD, Gaithersburg - Director of Habitat ReStore Operations
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The director of Habitat ReStore operations will ensure that the human and financial resources of Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland are aligned to deliver high performance in ReStore operation activities: excellent community outreach, marketing and promotion of products, high levels of desirable material and fiscal maintenance of all ReStore operations.
The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Creating business forecasts and analysis.
- ReStore expansion strategies.
- Supervision of the acquisition, marketing and promotion of the ReStore in the community.
- Supervision of the ReStore managers.
The director of ReStore operations spends a minimum of 50 percent of time developing approved relationships directly related to ReStore operations.
Marketing and communications:
- Oversee advertising and public relations campaigns.
- Oversee an aggressive and on-going marketing plan for the procurement of materials for Restore.
Determine the market demand and assign tasks related to donation and acquisition of products.
- Promote the ReStore in the community.
- Establish and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures of pricing and sales.
- Select, orient, train and supervise ReStore managers.
- Ensure adherence to established safety and security practices and procedures.
- Provide the executive director with regular updates on marketing contacts and activities.
- Provide the executive director with weekly call reports.
- Contribute to the formulation of an annual ReStore budget.
- Execute a strategy to achieve the annual ReStore budget.
- Develop and implement a customer service program that reflects positively on the ReStore and HFHMM.
- Serve as the staff leader and liaison to the ReStore committee and consult with members as needed.
- Ensure the efficient operation of the cash register and compilation of closing reports.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- Member of the leadership committee.
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting practices.
- Reconcile financial statements with the deputy director monthly.
- Bachelor's degree in lberal arts or related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Experience in development and execution of business plans
- Excellent organizational and planning skills as evidenced by experience in project development and execution.
- Experience in concurrent management of projects and people as evidenced by at least one year of middle management activity.
- High level of public relations service skills as evidenced by at least three years of experience with internal and external customers.
- Experience in supervision of individuals and/or teams for a minimum of one year, full time.
- Clear track record of success in retail management.
- Demonstrated success in business management.
- Able to understand P&L statements and balance sheets.
- Exceptional verbal communications and writing skills.
- Leadership capabilities and dynamic interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and triage duties.
- Must be able to work well with volunteers.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
Time commitment: Full time, some evenings and weekends required.
Benefits: Health coverage, 401K plan and paid time off.
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Jobs@HabitatMM.org. Due to a high level of response, not all applicants will receive notification of their application status. No phone calls, please.