MD, Gaithersburg - Director of Program Services
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The director of program services is responsible for developing community partnerships; volunteer recruitment and management; family services, including family selection and family partnership; the administrative responsibilities of the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative; and administering the AmeriCorps program. As a key member of the leadership team, the director of program services exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance relative to the management and operation of Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland.
- Promote HFHMM in the community to recruit community partners and long term volunteers and position HFHMM as a premier organization serving low-income families in Montgomery and Prince George counties.
- Develop partnerships with government agencies, nonprofit organizations, faith groups and businesses that support HFHMM’s NRI program including new construction and/or rehabilitation of homes, weatherization, as well as minor and major home repairs.
- Monitor family selection and partnership best practices to ensure HFHMM’s program and process are up-to-date and meet the needs of the affiliate and clients.
- Oversee family selection application review process, approve qualified buyers, recommend buyers to the executive committee and ensure that approval and denial notifications go out in a timely manner.
- Administer the AmeriCorps program including, but not limited to, grant management, compliance, member recruitment, training and support.
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, retention and recognition plan.
- Oversee the application process for weatherization, minor and/or major home repair.
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts or related discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills as evidenced by experience in project development and execution.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Passion for working with individuals of diverse populations as evidenced by experience with various ethnicities, religions, economic status and LGBT communities.
- Full-time experience in supervision of individuals and/or teams for a minimum of one year.
- High level of public relations service skills as evidenced by of three years of experience with internal and external customers.
- Experience in concurrent management of projects and people as evidenced by at least one year of middle-management activity.
- Ability to prioritize and triage duties.
- Ability to manage time and labor with minimal supervision as evidenced by at least one year of experience as a coordinator or developer of high-function projects and/or people.
- Must be able to work well with volunteers.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours.
- Health coverage
- 401K plan
- Paid time off
To apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to Jobs@HabitatMM.org
Due to a high level of response, not all applicants will receive notification of their application status.
No Phone Calls Please!