NC, Asheville - Accounting Specialist
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is looking for an accounting specialist. This is a part-time position that reports directly to the finance director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pprocessing accounts payable, 1099 forms, payroll, W-2 forms, and payroll tax returns.
- Maintaining the general ledger system
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process
- Annual audit and Form 990 preparation.
- several years of experience in accounting, accounts payable and payroll, as well as prior meaningful experience with computerized accounting systems, preferably Sage MIP or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, Word and Outlook) is required.
- Commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s mission is critical, as are strong organizational and communications skills, attention to detail and the ability to function as a team player in a fast-paced business environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. This 24-28 hour/week position qualifies for participation in the 401k plan.
For consideration, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins.