NC, Lenoir - Habitat ReStore Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity is seeking a manager for its Habitat ReStore location in Lenoir, N.C.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Habitat ReStore.
- Implements and drives programs for donations.
- Provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community-based businesses, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Caldwell Habitat’s mission in the community.
Viable candidates will have the following skills:
- A minimum of three years responsible leadership, directing successful teams and accountable for meeting objectives.
- Solid application of interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- The ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing associates.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- A history of successfully adapting to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 25 pounds. Job entails bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated:
- High standards of personal and professional integrity and accountability.
- Excellent leadership skills, including associate selection, training, coaching and developing.
- Team building though positive and effective communications, empathy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Innovation based on sound business acumen and consideration of a range of risk and reward factors.
- Initiative represented by “a sense of urgency” energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow up.
- Adaptability, i.e. a quick, sound and positive decision maker in rapidly changing conditions; anticipating, addressing and solving problems.
- A history of building positive, cooperative, mutually beneficial and long-term relationships.
Please send resumes to Caldwell Habitat, PO Box 1341, Lenoir, NC 28645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Caldwell Habitat is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran/reserve national guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.