NJ, Randolph - Staff Accountant
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Morris Habitat for Humanity (Randolph, New Jersey) is looking for a part-time staff accountant for its home construction and retail store business.
- Post all journal entries and maintain general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Pay all invoices and manage accounts payable.
- Oversee accounts receivable.
- Reconcile bank and other accounts.
- Prepare routine internal financial reports and comparisons to budget.
- Work with CFO and area managers to prepare annual budget.
- Interface with third-party payroll servicer.
- Interface with third-party mortgage servicer.
- Coordinate with audit firm on annual audit and preparation of 990 tax return.
- Minimum of five years in similar role.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Nonprofit accounting experience a plus.
- Retail sales accounting a plus.
- Attention to details.
- Strong work ethic.
- Enjoy working in a friendly, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work with individuals with a broad range of personalities and experiences.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Embrace the organization’s mission and ethics.
This position reports to a part-time CFO and requires 15-20 hours per week. Days worked and hours per day can be set to accommodate the needs of the successful candidate. Salary commensurate with experience.
Reply to David L. Vollmayer, chief financial officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). No phone calls, please. Morris Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.