OK, Norman - Construction Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The construction superintendent is responsible for coordinating and oversees all job site construction activities required for each project. This includes but is not limited to the following items:
- Supervision of all field personnel as required.
- Successfully complete each project on schedule and within budget.
- Maintain the highest quality workmanship possible.
- Train and manage volunteers, supervising all trade and materials for each project.
- Administer construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- Maintain the job site office and closes out projects.
- Oversee all warranty activities with each project.
The construction superintendent will reports directly to the executive director and construction committee chair.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Train, explain and instruct volunteers to a complete task.
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the projects on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintain construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Understand the project plans, specifications and company procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepare schedules and supervise completion of all final punch list and warranty work.
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Ensure all volunteers, employees and contractors are adhering to the company policy.
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Oversee, coordinate and complete all warranty issues.
- Organization: strong organizational skills.
- Communication: strong written and oral communication skills and effective listening skills.
- Problem solving: analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal skills: tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Needs to be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel), Internet usage and email.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- At least three years of successful project management/expediting experience with a production residential or multi-family builder and remodeling.
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experienced in managing multiple projects.
- A self starting highly motivated and goal-oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Works easily and patiently with others.
- Salary $34,000 annually.
- Additional benefits package being reviewed.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.