ReStore Learning & Events Planner
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking an individual to join our ReStore team as a ReStore Learning and Events Planner. The ReStore Learning and Events Planner will be responsible for developing, engaging and managing all aspects of Habitat for Humanity ReStore initiatives and projects that contribute to the continuous improvement of the ReStore program. Additional opportunities include the opportunity to develop positive partnerships and opportunities for collaboration with other HFHI Departments, ReStores, Habitat affiliates, and outside organizations.
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of event and webinar registration, including the learning calendar, registration system and customer service, handling correspondence and phone calls from participants.
- Manage registration fees, including financial processing, reporting, receipts, and refunds
- Collaborating with Finance Department. Act as central point of contact for questions or requests related to training events.
- Plan and coordinate training events, including venue and hotel contracts, catering, audio/visual needs and site visits.
- Develop policies and procedures for registrations, confirmations and other event activities
- In consultation with Learning Manager, support scheduling, logistics and communications with trainers.
- Prepare training materials for events. Maintain files for past, present and future events.
- Evaluate learning events by collecting, entering and analyzing participation and evaluation data
- Contribute ideas to ReStore leadership to help set strategy and program initiatives, assisting with envisioning the future of the department and division
- Provide additional leadership and responsibilities around events, projects and initiatives as requested
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in event planning and/or training support
- Experience in negotiating contracts for event planning
- Strong attention to detail
- Great customer service skills both for in-person and virtual interactions (email, telephone, etc.)
- Enthusiastic communication skills for both in-person and virtual interactions (email, telephone, etc.)
- Ability to respond quickly to changing logistics or unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to negotiate and manage vendor relationship experience in actual event planning and logistics
- Experience in Habitat affiliate or ReStore setting a plus
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Operations, ReStores, US Programs|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||311BR|