Risk Prevention & Response Analyst
Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking an experienced Analyst for the Risk Prevention group. The Risk Prevention Analyst is responsible for addressing affiliate compliance with HFHI requirements, assessing high risk situations and improving services to affiliates in crisis, protecting the Habitat brand, aiding in crisis prevention through early intervention, assisting with disaffiliations while helping affiliates retain allegiance to Habitat, and training field staff to identify and manage conflict.
The main job duties include:
- Assist affiliates in their dissolution (or name change) process. This includes: guiding affiliates through the process, seeking a neighboring affiliate to accept assets, work with affiliates to resolve issues that hinder dissolution, stepping in to do the work when necessary, making referrals to pro bono counsel and providing encouragement and reminders
- Collaboration with RPRU Monitoring & Compliance Analyst to work with affiliates that need further guidance on the dissolution, merger or revitalization process
- Maintain and update HFHI's protocol for disaffiliations and dissolutions
- Provide guidance and information to affiliates about options available when they are uncertain about their future; discusses and educate HFHI staff about the dissolution and disaffiliation process
- Collect, record, and analyze data as it relates to dissolutions, disaffiliations, asset transfers and name changes
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 -5 years experience working with Habitat for Humanity or similar non-profit organization
- Prior experience working within a federated/affiliated organizational model
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Conflict Resolution and Conflict Management; membership in a conflict resolution organization preferred
- Paralegal or similar experience preferred
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||US Programs|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||17BR|