Senior Director – IT Architecture and Information Management
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a seasoned and savvy IT professional for the role of Senior Director – IT Architecture and Information Management. Reporting to the VP and Chief Information Officer, this key position is responsible for the management and evolution of the enterprise application architecture, data architecture, information architecture, infrastructure architecture and overall data warehouse and business intelligence (BI) environments for the organization. This individual directs the development and implementation of HFHI's information technology system architectures. The position works with application architects, infrastructure engineers, information architects, applications staff, business partners and other stakeholders to set direction and implement solutions that are aligned with global strategies, while also striving to enable architectures that are modular and vendor-independent for maximum flexibility. This position is responsible for managing a centralized unit that provides architecture support, solution design, guidance, governance and, where appropriate, developing, delivering and operating solutions for each line of business. There is a great amount of influence and interaction with senior leaders and all levels of business and IT staff on all areas of enterprise architecture and business intelligence, including policies, standards, strategies, and governance. This position is based in Atlanta, GA.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Sets direction and strategies for the Enterprise Architecture and Business Intelligence functions (e.g., vision, mission, critical success factors, operating plans, service model, etc.).
- Directs the planning, development and implementation of enterprise architecture and business intelligence policies.
- Oversees the planning of short-term and long-term architecture strategies and establishes the overarching guiding principles, frameworks and methodologies that will be used across HFHI.
- Hires and manages team of applications, data, information and infrastructure architects and engineers responsible for developing and delivering products and services.
- Defines objectives and development plans in alignment with IT and business objectives. Manages team to achieve business results. Manages on-demand resource needs and ensures the right staff is in place to support operational needs.
- Directs targeted research activities on external technical trends and evolving industry standards concerning technologies affecting application, business process, physical/infrastructure platforms. Ensures research is focused on solving specific business problems, improving system performance/functionality or meeting unique business needs.
- Oversees Technology Architecture Steering Committee. Manages architecture governance including technical reviews to ensure that systems work as designed and perform consistently and reliably.
- Assists strategic business units in establishing and enhancing formal architecture plans including up-to-date roadmaps and future state maps.
- Manages team to plan and design flexible, manageable solutions for overarching (HFHI-wide) solutions that support mission-critical business applications.
- Initiates and fosters partnerships with IT staff, HFHI executives, business partners, and industry peers as well as appropriate vendors; develops relationships that support the ability to stay abreast of new technologies in support of business strategies.
- Establishes financial plan for the overall unit and manages to plan.
- Demonstrates the value and results of the function through rigorous and ongoing measurement of the operation and projects. Establishes security standards as well as metrics and implementation plans for monitoring these standards and metrics.
- Strategically designs and implements BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end users.
- Assesses and cultivates long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluates and selects database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Directs, organizes, and leads a technical team in implementing projects and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Leads the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Works with project managers and across IT teams to design and/or review the solution design and integration specifications to meet the business requirements consistent with architecture, application and data practices.
- Acts as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promotes BI usage to relevant department.
- researches and selects BI technologies that improve quality, reduce costs, and/or reduce development.
- Coordinates the work and services of contract service providers, and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline; Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of related experience in all disciplines of IT (i.e. architecture, development, project management, and operational support) with at least 5 of those years in planning/architecture/data warehouse and business intelligence.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership and management roles.
- Demonstrated experience integrating systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating system environments as well as implementing a fully functional data warehouse and business intelligence environments.
- Enterprise architecture skills including application, information, and infrastructure.
- Data warehouse and business intelligence skills.
- Extensive experience in high level systems planning, design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting with a track record of accomplishment in large, complex hybrid environments.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Information Technology|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||73BR|