Ventnor, NJ - Administrative Assistant
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Executive director
This individual reports to the executive director and is responsible for maintaining the office's efficiency by tracking paper and electronic files, organizing meetings, preparing and submitting research reports, annual audits and other projects as directed. These duties also include but are not limited to database system input, office supply purchasing, typing, filing, reception and telephone duties. The atmosphere of the office is fast paced and this individual must be able to multi-task while maintaining a professional attitude. The administrative assistant works closely with Habitat’s staff and committees to help ensure a reliable efficient working environment.
An administrative assistant should be able to meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 software (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Expected full-time position.
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls and take messages.
- Maintain front desk area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Retrieve daily mail correspondence from the Post Office.
- Maintain accurate daily accounting of donations and deposits.
- Work with accountant on a weekly basis for the purpose of paying bills.
- Make weekly deposits.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills including email etiquette.
- Draft, type and proofread thank you letters and other documents as needed.
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
- Update and maintain mailing lists.
- Experience in preparing bulk mail.
- Produce mailing labels and reports as requested.
- Coordinate mass mailings with volunteers as needed.
- Experience in transferring email contacts to online database i.e., Constant Contact.
- Ability to create documents in Constant Contact and forward to email contact database.
- Experience in maintaining online Google calendar.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with employees, committee members, volunteers, sponsors, donors and homeowners.
- Secure volunteers to help in the office as directed by the executive director.
- Process requests from committee members and board members.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
- Sensitivity to the needs of persons with inadequate housing concerns.
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to work and volunteer some evenings and weekend days.
- Facilitate special event registration and execution when needed.
- Prepare office area for weekly meetings ensuring seating and sign in sheets.
- Assist with various community events as requested as responsibilities permit.
- Processing online reporting of quarterly housing activity.
- Processing online reporting of annual housing insurance audit.
- Assist with processing of organization’s annual audit (gathering and submitting documents as requested by auditors).
- Attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled by the executive director.
- Benefits will be discussed during interview process.
- Consent to a background check and drug test if requested.
- High school diploma required.
- Must have 7-10 years of experience as an administrative assistant.
- Must have a NJ driver’s license and transportation.
- Typing skills with at least 45 WPM.
- Knowledge of the workings of Habitat for Humanity and nonprofits is a plus.
Please send resume with cover letter and references to email@example.com by March 8, 2013.