Volunteer Engagement Support Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International is currently seeking an experienced individual to work as a Coordinator in our Volunteer Engagement Department at our Operational Headquarters in Americus, GA. This position will provide volunteer logistics support for the Global Village Program and to the Volunteer Mobilization department. The position works closely with the GV/VM team and in some instances other HFHI departments/staff to oversee the detailed process of coordinating all aspects of the volunteer experience related to an event/build. This includes responding quickly and accurately to volunteer participants and team leaders immediately following the screening, matching and placement of volunteers and their inclusion in a build/event roster. Primary logistic duties include:
1. Correspond with volunteer participants, team leaders, appropriate HFHI departments/staff and in some instances, corporate partners' personnel, to ensure all information is distributed/communicated efficiently and effectively for each event/build designated to the position for coordination. This includes sending out and processing registration packages, orientation material, itineraries, follow-up materials, etc.
2. Work with appropriate HFHI staff to assist with the completion of event/build scheduling and conducting tasks required to follow-up/finalize itinerary plans
3. Coordinate travel logistics including travel/ transportation, accommodations, meals, etc. This includes payment of expenses in the field and helping to organize wire transfer for same
4. Monitoring finances, income, and budget information for specific trips/events, as requested. In new GV paradigm, monitor additional 'challenge fundraising per person and per team
5. Maintain records and databases to ensure all necessary information is up to date for individuals, as well as for trips/events and file monthly and quarterly reports on events closed out
6. Provide direct support to the Director of Logistics, as requested
7. Provide additional support to the Volunteer Mobilization Department, as needed
*Associates degree preferred
*1-2 years experience in a logistics/ customer service position
*Excellent written and oral communication skills
*Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
*Ability to work independently and as part of a team
*Working knowledge of Microsoft software, internet and basic office equipment
*Ability and desire to learn new computer applications and databases
*Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude*Strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Posting Id:||53 355|