Announcing panelists for the Forum on Adequate Housing in Latin America and the Caribbean
June 1, 2012
CNN’s Claudia Palacios, as well as 12 distinguished regional and international panelists will join the Forum on Adequate Housing in Latin America and the Caribbean. The event is scheduled to take place in Bogotá, Colombia from September 25-18, 2012.
SAN JOSÉ, Costa Rica (June 1, 2012) – More and more key regional and international actors continue to commit to joining us at the Forum. We are pleased to have the opportunity to hear from speakers and panelists with ample experience and commitment to the cause of adequate housing and inclusive cities, including:
- Evaniza Lopes Rodrigues, Caixa Economica Federal, Brazil
- Claudio Acioly, Housing Policies Section, UN-HABITAT
- Graham Saunders, Department of Shelter and Settlements, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- César Bouillon, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Lorena Zárate, Habitat International Coalition (HIC)
- Gustavo Wilches Chaux, Network of Social Studies on Disasters in Latin America
- Mónica Ramírez, Housing and Human Settlements, Habitat for Humanity International
- Peter Ward, Latin American Housing Network and University of Texas
- Irene Vance, international housing finance consultant
- Paulo Teixeira, Pan American Health Organization
- Maria Teresa Morales, Center for Innovation in Shelter and Finance, Habitat for Humanity International
We are also pleased to announce that Claudia Palacios of CNN will be moderating the inauguration and closing events.
We invite you to participate in this event, which will be a unique meeting of sectors, countries and experiences in Latin America and the Caribbean.
For more information about the Forum and how to register, please visit our website: foroviviendaadecuada.org.
UN-HABITAT is a United Nations agency that promotes socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities in order to achieve adequate housing for all. It is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a regional office for Latin America located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
About International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
IFRC is a humanitarian organization that focuses on promoting humanitarian values, disaster response, disaster preparedness and health and community care. It is comprised of 187 societies and a Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland.
About Corporación El Minuto de Dios
El Minuto de Dios is a non-governmental organization with over 53 years of experience, which carries out its mission by prioritizing the provision of adequate housing for the poor and promoting the comprehensive development of communities in Colombia by raising awareness and mobilizing resources from individual and national sources.
About Fondo Nacional del Ahorro
Fondo Nacional del Ahorro is the public financial institution of national scope that manages the unemployment funds of public employees and official workers in Colombia. Its purpose is directly related with the State’s objectives, especially regarding the right of every Colombian to obtain dignified housing and access to education.
About Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity International is a global Christian nongovernmental housing organization that brings together people of all races, nationalities and religions to build homes, communities and hope. Since 1976, Habitat has served more than 500,000 families by building and improving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions.
Habitat for Humanity first opened its doors in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) in 1979, and has since helped more than 100,000 low-income families to access adequate housing in the region.