2013 Habitat Film Festival -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l 1
2013 Habitat Film Festival
Every Habitat participant has a story to tell. Share yours in a film.
What’s your volunteer story? Each new service opportunity is a chance to not only help others, but to be transformed yourself. Whether you helped a new homeowner build a house or assisted in painting house numbers on a sidewalk, we want to know your perspective on service.
Grab your DSLR, your camera phone and mobile apps or your point-and-shoot. We want it documented. Tell us your story. Tell us what’s unique about your generation or your effect on Habitat’s mission. We want anything that reveals how people come together to build hope, communities and homes.
Show us what Habitat means to you — and how vital our shared work is in changing people’s lives.
- Open to those ages 14-25
- Length of videos must not exceed 10 minutes.
- Films must be submitted in (or dubbed in) the English language
- No explicit language, violence, drug use or sexual content permitted.
HFHI will pay for the winner and guest’s air transportation, lodging and registration fees for the 2013 Youth Leadership Conference to be held Nov. 1-3, 2013.
The film may also be featured in an online issue of Habitat World and on habitat.org.
How to enter
- Download the 2013 film festival forms here.
- To enter the contest, submit your film via the following instructions:
- Entrants must create an account with YouTube and upload their film on their YouTube page. When uploading a film on YouTube, entrants must tag their film with the following keywords so that people can find their film on YouTube: “Youth Leadership Conference,” “Habitat for Humanity” and “Youth Programs.”
- In the description box, entrants must include the following text: This film has been entered into the 2013 Habitat for Humanity Youth Leadership Conference Film Fest. Habitat Youth provide volunteer assistance to Habitat for Humanity’s mission of providing decent, affordable housing. http://www.habitat.org/youthprograms
- YouTube comments must be turned off by entrant upon uploading their film to the site.
- After uploading the film as a video response on YouTube, entrants must complete the online application and email the film link in the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Along with each entry, signed release and consent form(s) must be attached for any individual(s) who appear in your submission(s) and emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “2013 Habitat Film Festival."
- In the body of your email, include complete film description information (who, where, when) for the submitted film.
- Be sure that your email includes your name, mailing address and phone number.
The 2013 Film Festival closes at midnight on Monday, Sept. 30, EDT.