Serving as an AmeriCorps National member offers you several benefits. AmeriCorps National members engage directly with Habitat volunteers, partner families, and community members to build and repair homes. They make a needed impact in one of five areas – construction, deconstruction, family services, volunteer services, or community outreach.
AmeriCorps National members gain the following:
- Leadership skills.
- Work and life skills that translate directly into job experience.
- The satisfaction of making a difference in your community and country.
- The personal satisfaction of accepting challenges and seeing results.
- Teamwork, communication, and other essential skills.
Their program benefits include the following:
- Living allowance up to $12,530 for a full 46.5 weeks of service.
- $5,775 Education Award. The Segal Education Award is good for seven years from the end of service and can be used to repay qualified student loans or for future education at eligible schools. National members age 55 and older at the time of service may be eligible to transfer the award to certain family members. Learn more about the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award .
- Possible forbearance of qualified student loans. Note that interest continues to accrue. However accrued interest on qualified loans is eligible for payment by the National Service Trust.
- Health plan benefits. Members are eligible to enroll in a Affordable Care Act compliant health plan.
- Personal and sick days. Approximately 10 days total.
- Worker’s compensation.
- Childcare benefits if you qualify. Learn more about our childcare benefits .
- Member Assistance Program offering services such as counseling and financial planning resources.
- Upon completion of your service, you will become a member of the Habitat AmeriCorps Alumni Association. Visit the Habitat AmeriCorps Alumni Association  for more information about benefits and opportunities.
Apply now