It’s not a job, it’s an opportunity!
We welcome individuals of all backgrounds and skill levels to help us achieve our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Thank you for your interest in joining Habitat AmeriCorps! Please begin your application using the instructions below.
1) First, make sure you:
- Are a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Are 18 or older.
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Note: Each site may have specific requirements related to their positions that are noted on the position descriptions.
2) Create a profile through My AmeriCorps | Create your profile .
- A profile is required before applying for any position.
- Follow these tips for completing your My AmeriCorps profile and application(s):
- In your Motivational Statement, explain why you are interested in committing to a year of service.
- Make sure you have two completed references. References cannot be friends or family.
- Placements are competitive; we suggest you apply to multiple opportunities
- Once you’ve created your profile, search for specific Habitat for Humanity service opportunities through My AmeriCorps .
3) Apply | Once you find an opportunity you would like to apply for, log in to your My AmeriCorps profile .
- On the left hand menu select “Applicant Home,” and then “Search Listings.”
- Select the program type you are interested in (AmeriCorps State/National or AmeriCorps VISTA, if applicable).
- Designate the state where the opportunity is located (if applicable).
- Under program name, type “Habitat for Humanity”.
- Finally, click the “Apply Now” button and follow the steps provided.
Thank you for your interest in serving with Habitat for Humanity! For questions about AmeriCorps and national service, contact us .