Today, on World Habitat Day, Habitat for Humanity celebrates the theme “Many Homes, One Community.”
World Habitat Day is an annual day designated by the United Nations to raise awareness of the need for better shelter around the world. By bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope in nearly 80 countries around the world, Habitat helps create stronger communities.
Our supporters and volunteers all around the world are marking this special day with events aimed at deeper community involvement and greater awareness.
A few highlights:
- President Carter on the Huffington Post: Recognize the basic need for shelter 
- Jonathan Reckford on the Huffington Post: Many homes, one community 
- Habitat Toronto releases its “Building a Better City” report ; the CN Tower shines Habitat blue and green.
- Asia-Pacific region is home to hundreds of local events .
- Check out the #WorldHabitatDay hashtag on Twitter  to see how affiliates across the United States and around the world are spending the day.
Please share how you celebrated World Habitat Day in the comments below.